la nuit après les fiançailles partie 1

Ben's POV

"Okay, babe, you ready?" I asked, putting the finishing touches on my look. Chris was expertly styling my hair, while Jen made final adjustments to her dress.

"Almost, Papi. Hold on," Jen sighed, smiling at me through the mirror. Chris completed my hair, and I walked up to Jen, holding her hand while leaving space for Rob to finish up.

"Listen, Mrs. Affleck, you're going to be fine. I know that look. You seem unsure and nervous," I said softly, trying to reassure her.

"Okay," Jen said, her eyes welling up as she looked away. "Sorry," she added.

"Baby, what's wrong? You can tell me anything. I want to know how you truly are feeling," I said, looking at her with concern.

"I just..." she cleared her throat, looking down and then at me with watery eyes. She grabbed a q-tip to dab away the tears. "I am just nervous because I know the moment I step out in public with a man, the whole world sees me as the girl who can never keep a man. I know I'm supposed to be that girl who ignores the tabloids and whatnot, but it just hurts, you know? I always have to mentally prepare, and it's a bit hard because everything has been so great between us. It's been very private, and I completely forgot I have to keep my guard up and be mentally prepared for what's about to come," Jen explained, trying not to cry.

"Baby, listen. It's just you and me. Your inner circle and my inner circle know what's going on. What goes on in our life is not for the public eye. I won't publicize our relationship like Alex did. I won't shove a camera in your face. My girls and Sam hate being in the public eye, so I do everything to protect them. What makes you think I won't protect you? I promise you, once we get married, things will calm down and be less glamorized. Don't get anxious about it," I reassured her, kissing her softly.

"Okay," Jen nodded, tearing up. She sighed in relief as Mary came to touch up her makeup.

"This is why I'm marrying this man. He knows how to calm me down," Jen smiled through her tears.

"Okay, we're ready," Rob declared, stepping back to admire Jen's dress. "So, so good." He grinned, appreciating the final look.

Jenn gazed into the mirror, a radiant smile illuminating her face

"You look absolutely stunning, baby," I complimented, capturing the moment with a photo that I promptly sent to Violet.

Her response arrived promptly in the form of a video. "Mom, you look so good!" Emme exclaimed in the recording. "Jennifer, you look beautiful! You're always so radiant," Violet added.

I showed the video to Jenn, who grinned in appreciation. "My babies are so sweet," she giggled softly as we made our way to the elevator, descending to the lobby where Benny and Elaine eagerly awaited our arrival.

"Wow... just wow," Elaine marveled, casting admiring glances at both Jenn and me.

"She is beauty, she is grace. She is..." Benny paused dramatically.

"She is Miss Puerto Rico," Jenn finished the sentence with a chuckle, and they both shared a laugh.

"It's our inside joke," Benny explained, chuckling at the evident confusion on my face.

"Alright..." I laughed, exchanging a smile with Jenn.

We proceeded to the waiting car, where Benny and Elaine engaged in a whispered conversation. Jenn, curious, couldn't resist asking, "What are you two talking about? I wanna know!" she said, giggling.

"Nothing, love," Benny chuckled, staying quiet for the remainder of the ride while engrossed in his phone. Jenn looked at me, and I simply shrugged, our hands entwined throughout the journey.

Upon arrival, Benny and Elaine alighted first, making their way alongside the red carpet, donning their badges.

"Ready, Mrs. Affleck?" I inquired.

"Yes, Mr. Affleck," Jenn replied with a beaming smile. We exited the car, hand in hand, ready for the glamorous event unfolding before us.

To be continued...