Count On Me

**Two Months Later... Tuesday Afternoon, July 5th**

In the tranquility of their child-free home, Jennifer and Ben, with their ex-spouses taking care of the kids for the week, found themselves immersed in work. Each occupied a separate wing of the house—Jennifer's office nestled in the right wing, Ben's in the left. The silence belied their busyness as they tackled their respective tasks.

*Jennifer's Perspective*

Amid this peaceful ambiance, Ben emerged from his office, traversing the hallway to enter my space. Seated in my oversized black chair, glasses perched, I gestured for silence as a conference call with Elaine and Benny unfolded.

"Alright, with that settled," Benny began, revealing Ellen's request for my appearance on her 3rd-to-last show. Excitement permeated the conversation.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea. Ellen is practically family," Elaine added, endorsing the proposal.

Intrigued, I queried, "What exactly would I be performing?"

As Ben playfully interrupted with antics and distractions, the discussion flowed, leading to a suggestion from him to transition from "Nobody's Watching" to "The One." The idea resonated, and the conversation continued, interwoven with smiles and glances of affection.

"All right, sounds good. I'll inform Ellen and reach out to Tabitha," Benny concluded.

However, the focus shifted unexpectedly to wedding planning. Before I could respond, Ben, surprising everyone, revealed that he had already secured a wedding planner—a revelation met with shock and, admittedly, a hint of arousal at his proactive approach.

Meeting adjourned, Ben effortlessly lifted me from my chair, settling us in a cozy embrace. His soft words conveyed a commitment to shared responsibilities in wedding preparations and beyond—a vow to be active participants in each other's lives.

Expressing my gratitude for his daily gestures, from morning tea to assistance around the house, I found solace in his embrace. Ben's playful banter continued, teasing about the "fiancé package" and the promise of an even better "husband package."

As laughter echoed, I playfully escaped Ben's clutches, initiating a chase through our shared living space. Running up the stairs, I paused, enjoying the sight of Ben catching his breath at the top.

"I keep forgetting you were a 'track runner' or a distance runner. Whatever, you know what I mean," he chuckled breathlessly.

"Can't keep up, old man?" I teased, relishing the playful exchange.

"Old man? Come here!" Ben exclaimed, playfully chasing me into our room. Laughter filled the air as I jumped onto the bed, with Ben joining me, capturing me in his arms and initiating another round of tickling.

"Baby! I'm gonna pee!" I squealed amidst laughter, prompting Ben to release me. He chuckled as he laid back on the bed, and I giggled, settling beside him, catching my breath.

Casting a glance at his watch, I inquired about our upcoming appointment, caressing his beard gently. "At 4. It's 2:28. But they're coming over, so no need to drive anywhere," Ben replied, flashing a smile.

"Perfect. Just in time for a little surprise," I teased, unbuttoning his pants and unveiling my intentions for a special moment.

"What gift? Are we showering together?" Ben queried, his curiosity met with a moan as I took the lead, creating an intimate connection. Gazing up at him, I maintained eye contact, conveying a deeper meaning beyond mere physical pleasure.

"You see, I am so amazed by you... and I feel like sex shouldn't just be a reward; it's something more than that. This is me showing you how much I appreciate you and how much..." My words trailed off as I noticed his intense gaze. Stroking his shaft, our connection deepened, and I whispered, "And how much I love you," preceding a tender kiss.

As passion intensified, we made love with synchronized rhythm and profound connection. The aftermath left us breathless, lying side by side, facing each other in the serenity that followed.

Ben, demonstrating his affection, pulled the satin covers over us, his whispers expressing admiration and love. "You're beautiful, so perfect, so amazing—an incredible heart. Overall, my favorite person in the world," he declared, caressing my cheek tenderly.

Smiling, I reciprocated the affection, exchanging declarations of love as we basked in the afterglow, fingers intertwined.

A brief nap preceded the awakening at 3:43 PM. Observing Ben's peaceful slumber, I gently roused him, realizing the need to prepare for the upcoming appointment. Swiftly dressing up, we attended to our appearances, with Ben showcasing his charm in a black t-shirt and jeans.

The final touch came in the form of a meticulously arranged fruit charcuterie board, a testament to Ben's effort in making a memorable impression. As we exchanged compliments, the doorbell heralded the arrival of our wedding planner.

To be continued...