Chapel of Love

Ben's Perspective:

Jenn and I were deep into our wedding planning session with the enthusiastic Lisa. It was the beginning of the journey, and my mind wandered back to my past wedding experiences, realizing the importance of active involvement. Lisa's question about my ideas snapped me back to the present.

"Big, but not super big... just family and a few friends," I began, stealing a glance at Jenn, who beamed back at me. It felt good to be part of the planning process this time.

Lisa shifted her focus to Jennifer, noting down our preferences. Jenn, a bit nervous, revealed her desire for an intimate elopement before a grand celebration. Surprising me, she suggested Vegas, and without missing a beat, I agreed, proposing to do it that very night.

Excitement filled the room, and Lisa graciously offered to give us some privacy for our spontaneous decision. Jenn, feeling apologetic for the impromptu plans, handed over a generous consultation fee.

As Lisa left, I expressed my surprise to Jennifer about the sudden decision. She playfully blamed me for not asking sooner, and before I knew it, we were rushing upstairs to get ready.

While preparing, Jenn informed me about the wedding bands, a dress from an old movie, and the overall thrill of the moment. However, her desire to include at least one of our kids before leaving tugged at my heart.

"Okay, let's go get them," I suggested, and together, we embarked on a mission to gather our children.

As we initiated contact with our respective exes, Marc's delayed response heightened Jenn's anxiety. With my reassurance, she confronted her fear of getting married without Emme, her daughter. The relief upon Marc's call was palpable, and we continued our journey, now with a detour to pick up our kids.

Violet, Sera, and Samuel greeted us dressed for the occasion, adding an unexpected but delightful twist to the plan. Jennifer's exuberance, handing me a bouquet for the impromptu wedding, left me smiling at her spontaneity.

With the kids on board and the mood lightened by laughter and singing, we made our way to the airport. Sharing favorite songs and a quick pit stop at Jennifer's house, where her ex-wife Jennifer added to the joyful chaos, the atmosphere was bubbling with anticipation.

The flight to Vegas became a jubilant affair, with everyone eagerly looking forward to the unexpected adventure. Marc's confirmation to meet us at the chapel and the playful banter between Jennifer and me set a positive tone.

At the chapel, the reality of the moment sunk in, and we signed the necessary paperwork. The arrival of Chris and Mary added the final touches to our small but jubilant wedding party.

The exchange of heartfelt vows left us teary-eyed, and the presence of our children, handing over the rings, enhanced the emotional significance of the ceremony. Elvis, officiating the ceremony, added a touch of Vegas flair, making the entire experience unique.

As Elvis declared us husband and wife, a deep, emotional kiss sealed the moment. The ringing laughter of our children and the excitement in the air marked the beginning of a beautiful journey as Mr. and Mrs. Affleck.

Capturing the moment in photos with the iconic Cadillac and sharing a joyous karaoke session on the way back to the airport, we celebrated our spontaneous union with love and laughter.
To be continued...