Youre my sparkle

Jenn's Pov

It was a warm, starry 4th of July evening, and Ben was out in the backyard, wearing his "Grillmaster" apron, barbecuing up a storm. I had just finished whipping up a delicious rice and chicken pasta salad, and the smell of sizzling food filled the air.

Our children were splashing around in the pool, their laughter and shouts of joy creating the perfect soundtrack to the day. My mom and mother-in-law had embarked on a Dunkin' Donuts mission for dessert, leaving me to check in on Ben.I strolled out to the backyard, where Ben was tending to the grill. "Hi," I greeted him with a bright smile and gave him a warm hug. He set down the tongs and embraced me, his strong arms making me feel safe and loved.

"Hi, gorgeous. Aren't you going to hop into the pool?" he asked, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"No, I'm okay," I teased. "I'll wait until you and I can go alone."

Ben grinned, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Food's almost done," he informed me before pulling me closer for a sweet kiss. I returned the kiss, my fingers gently caressing his beard.

"Okay," I nodded, my heart fluttering with affection.

Then Ben's expression turned serious, and he looked at me with a twinkle in his eye. "So, I have a question for you... and I completely understand if you say no," he began, his fingers tracing soft circles on my sides.

"I'm listening," I replied, gazing up at him while continuing to caress his beard.

"Would you like to go to the Flash premiere with me on the 6th of July? I have to do some interviews, and I would love for mi esposa to be there," he said with a loving smile.

My heart swelled with warmth. "I'd love to, honey. You know I love supporting my husband," I replied, my affection for him overflowing.

"Good. I can't wait to have a little date with you next week," he said, his hands now on my back, and he leaned in to kiss my neck.

"Ben, the kids are in the pool," I reminded him, biting my lip softly. He had already started leaving a hickey on my skin, and I tried to maintain some decorum. I ran my fingers through his hair, trying to resist the urge to utter anything too provocative. He pulled away with an innocent smile, then leaned in to kiss my lips.

"God, you're so perfect," he murmured, planting another sweet kiss on my lips before turning his attention back to the grill.

"I know I am," I teased, and he rolled his eyes playfully. We teamed up to finish cooking the food, and once it was done, I prepared hamburgers and hot dogs for the kids. My mom and Chris returned from Dunkin' with a bag of donuts, both of them giggling like schoolgirls.

"I see you two are getting along great," I teased.

"We're best friends, honey. Chris and I have a lot in common," my mom explained.

"Interesting," Ben chimed in, chuckling, as he snatched a donut from the bag.

"Benjamin, not until after dinner," I scolded, swiping the donut away before he could take a bite.

"Babe, those are my favorite things to eat," he whined like a little kid.

"I thought I was your favorite thing to eat," I teased, and he smirked mischievously.

"Eew! Jennifer!!" my mom laughed.

"Oops... sorry," I chuckled, and Ben winked at me, taking the plates with ready food outside to the kids. The kids hopped out of the pool to enjoy their meal, and my mom and Chris joined them. I went to check on Juni, who was still sound asleep.