Mother knows best

Ben's Pov

"Oh she probably wants to speak to you." I said as I grabbed my phone and answered Lupe's call.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Benjamin Affleck. What have you done to my daughter? Why are you being so immature and jealous? Jennifer has stood by your side when you worked with your ex and she didn't say anything about it because she knows you won't do anything. But for you to be angry at her for having a job and doing her job? Then for her to become ill like this? You're falling into the footsteps of Marc. Marc pulled the same thing on Jenn which is why her pregnancy with the twins was such a high risk pregnancy because she too had high blood pressure then. And now you're the one causing it. My daughter has been through enough in her life, and she surely doesn't need you in her life anymore to make it a living hell for her. She has a great heart and has forgiven you. But you literally threatened her to bring your ex and sleep with her? You're sick and disgusting. What kind of example are you setting for my grandchildren? Maybe this is why your ex left you and you told everyone it was because of her. We now know why she left you. My daughter will too do the same and leave you once she starts to feel better." Lupe said coldly.

"Lupe, I didn't mean-" I tried to speak but she cut me off.

"I don't give a crap what you have to say. I've tried my best to like you but I knew from the start you were trouble. Jennifer tells me everything and right off the bat I knew why all your relationships failed. You're the problem Ben. Women are not the problem, it's you. You're an asshole who doesn't think before acting or speaking. That's what makes you immature. You're behavior is so low it is comparable to Alex. Both of you are disgusting. When I get to Paris, I better not see you at my daughters hotel." Lupe said and hung up. I looked at Jenn and she was staring at me the whole time.

"Jenn... y-youre not leaving right?" I asked even though it wasn't the right time to ask.

"Ben. I'm just trying to not die here. Please don't stress me out even more. I literally can't handle any of this at the moment. I just want to have a healthy baby and I want to live to have a healthy baby. So please, just leave the room and give me some space." Jenn said and sighed.

"Baby... I'm sorry.." I said to her.

"No more apologies until you actually mean it. I need space and I need a break. Leave. Please." Jenn said to me again.

"Jennifer.." I sighed.

"Ben I swear to god. If you don't leave right now." Jenn muttered under her breath as she became irritated.

I immediately left and went back to the hotel.

Jenn watched tv and ate her food.

The next day...

Jenn's pov

I woke up and was feeling a bit more relieved and relaxed. I don't know what it was but sleeping alone felt so good. I got up slowly and stretched a bit. I squatted down and then stood up lifting my arms over my head as I reached for the sky then bent over and touched my toes. I then reclined the bed a bit higher so I can fully sit up. I sat back on the bed as I was about to make myself comfortable, my mother and Leah walked in.

"What the hell? What are you doing here mom?" I moved a bit and adjusted my belly strap that monitored the baby's heart.

"Well hello to you too. How are you feeling honey?" My mom asked.

"Hi Jenn." Leah said as she set the huge flowers on the table by the window.