Best friend

Ben's pov

October 23rd

Jennifer and I were in the office deciding what to bring to Georgia. I looked at her as we were trying to decide. This whole week she seemed off, too quiet, and has been in her own world I guess.

"Everything is in the iCloud so I think we should be good but maybe we can just back up everything on an external hard drive and bring that with us." Jenn said as she was looking at her list of things we have to pack from each room of the house.

"Or we can take the computer with us..?" I said as I looked at her, admiring the cute little thinking face she does.

"Yeah. That too.." Jenn said softly then looked at me and noticed I was staring at her.

"Is there something on my face or what?" She said as she placed her hand on her hip.

"No.. you're just gorgeous." I smiled at her and she didn't even bother to smile but look at me with a blank stare. My smile slowly dropped. "Is there something I am missing..? You've been distant lately.. did I do something or..?" I added.

"I want some time away from you.. let me and the kids get settled in Georgia then after you can come when I'm ready." Jenn said as she set the list down on the coffee table.

"No. Not happening, It's my responsibility to protect my wife and kids and to be there for you guys." I said and was hurt that she didn't want me to be there with her.

"So now we're a responsibility to you? Got it.." she nodded softly and walked away. I grabbed her arm softly and pulled her back to me then cupped her small gorgeous face and looked into her lost soulless light brown eyes.

"Oh my god Jennifer... I understand you're depressed but listen. We are a team, you're not alone. I love and appreciate you so so much. I don't ever want you to feel like you're carrying the whole world by yourself. I'm here for you. Okay?" I said as I got teary eyed knowing she was in a dark place and was probably thinking negatively. She slowly started to give in and hugged me tight then began to cry. I held her close and rubbed her back as I let her cry out her emotions.

After a few minutes of crying I looked down at her.

"This may be a bad timing.. but I have a surprise for you..." i said softly.

"Tomorrow night, we are going to a dinner party with all of our closest friends and we will get to say goodbye to them before we leave to Georgia. And also another thing... I know you're stressed about the move but let me handle it okay? I've packed everything else on your list we were looking at." I said to her.

"Really..?"Jenn smiled softly through her tears.

"Mhm. And I'm taking you to work with me tomorrow. I need your opinion on the last shoot since we will be moving." I said to her and gently wiped her tears away with my thumbs.

"Okay." She whispered as she let out a sigh of relief and felt more at ease.

I picked her up and held her close. I could feel she felt more comfortable and relaxed as I held her close to me tightly but not too tight.

"But..." I bit my lip and was hesitant to tell herour plans for tonight that I've planned for a while.. "So... tonight, you and I are going out. Just the two of us. To a romantic dinner then to a club since I know you haven't been dancing in a while." I said to her and felt somewhat relieved once I told her.1

"What?? Why... I mean we can stay home.." Jenn said softly.

"No.. tonight is our night mama." I said and set her onto the bed .