la vie est parfaite

The Red Carpet...

**Ben's POV**

I strolled down the red carpet with Jennifer, guiding her to the designated spot marked with an 'x.' Standing proudly beside me, she looked up at me, and I couldn't resist kissing her. The connection was palpable as we posed for the cameras; it felt like a private moment in the midst of the public gaze.

Moving along the carpet at a leisurely pace, we paused for photographs, and an enthusiastic Hollywood reporter signaled for our attention.

Glancing at Jenn, who nodded in agreement, we approached the reporter. "What's this? Jennifer, we've been dying to see you tonight! My team let me come to France just for this! How's work, and how's your love life?" the reporter inquired.

"It's been great! Ben and I are taking things slow, getting to know each other. Work's fantastic—I have a new single coming out soon, and there's a documentary premiering on Netflix called 'Half Time,' which I'm excited about," Jenn responded, looking at me for confirmation.

"She looks amazing in it," I chimed in, adding a smile for the cameras.

"Yes! It's coming out soon, and it's amazing. If you love me, you'll watch it!" Jenn teased with a wink.

Turning to me, the reporter asked, "Anything new for you, Ben?"

"Not much, just spending time helping Jenn behind the scenes," I chuckled. "That's pretty much it."

"Great! Thank you so much! Bennifer has just done their first interview," the reporter announced, concluding the brief but lively conversation.

"Bennifer..." Jenn mused as we continued down the red carpet, reaching the end where Benny and Elaine awaited us.

"They called us Bennifer," Jenn shared her amazement with Benny.

"Bennifer? How interesting and cute!" Elaine remarked, laughing along.

"Exactly! It's so cute. Why didn't I think of that?" Jenn chuckled, appreciating the nickname.

Entering the grand venue, we located our assigned table and ordered drinks—Cokes, as none of us indulged in alcohol.

"Baby, I'm curious. It might not be the right time, but what led you to drink alcohol and spiral?" Jenn whispered in my ear.

"I don't know, to be honest. It just happened. Some people choose marijuana to escape; I chose alcohol. It cost me my family, but things are way better now," I confided, smiling softly.

"Understandable. Alex was the same way behind closed doors, masking it well with cigars and alcohol. Ever since then, I vowed never to touch a drink again because it traumatized me," Jenn whispered back.

Nodding, I kissed her, and both Benny and Elaine seized the moment to capture a photo, unintentionally interrupting our private exchange.

"Oh oops," Elaine apologized, though her camera flashed again, prompting a playful sarcastic comment from Jenn.

"Yeah, tongues down each other in public is private," Elaine teased, and we laughed it off, holding hands as the festival unfolded.

The night featured dance performances, live acts, and awards, akin to the Grammys but with a French flair. When Jennifer won the award for the most listened-to song of the year, the announcer proclaimed it in French, leaving Jenn surprised.

"What? Did I just win a French Grammy?" Jenn asked, bemused.

"Yes! You did! Now go!" I cheered, urging her to accept the award. Jenn took the stage, delivering a heartfelt speech in French, expressing gratitude and disbelief.

After the emotional moment, we returned to our seats, and the night continued with performances, including Iconick singing "À la croisée des chemins." Jenn, singing along softly, surprised me when she revealed she knew French basics, thanks to Benny.

As the show concluded, we headed back to the hotel to change before dining at the restaurant.

"This night has been perfect!" Jenn exclaimed, gazing at her engagement ring and the newly won award. "My life is truly great."

Sticking her head out of the window, she shouted, "Ma vie est parfaite!" Laughing, she settled back down, cupping my face and sharing a deep kiss. "Yes, our life is perfect," I affirmed, reveling in the glow of her smile.

To be continued...