Birthday boy pt 1

Jenn's Pov

It's Ben's Birthday today!!!

Ben was still asleep but my alarm went off at 4:30 AM. I quickly woke up and shut it off then quietly took a shower. I then got ready and slipped on my neon pink crop top with some black leggings and my white customized air forces. I let my hair air dry and did my skincare last before I went to go wake up Cy. They were already ready dressed. 

"Good morning love bug." I whispered. 

"Morning mama." Cy whispered and yawned. They got up and walked out with me. We got into Ben's Tesla and started it. 

"How do you work this thing?" I said and sighed softly in frustration.

"Mom. It's not that hard." Cy said as they put the car in drive. 

"How do you know?" I asked them. 

"Marlene's sister has a Tesla, she taught me how to drive." Cy confessed without realizing. 

"Cy?? You're driving already??" I said worriedly. 

"No, it was just one time and for emergency purposes. Like this." They said as they tried to lighten the mood. 

"I guess.." I shrugged and drove off to the venue. The venue was down in La Jolla, San Diego area. 

The drive was 2 and half hours long because of traffic. Cy was playing 'fire' songs this early in the morning. I guess they are a morning person like me. 

"So... Baby, I want to ask you. How do you feel about having Ben as a dad?" I said as I lowered down the volume.

"He's really chill mom. I honestly was kind of expecting how dad was after he got married to his girlfriend, which we know how he is now... He just ignores us... But Ben isn't like that. I never told you this but three weeks ago... I wanted to take a mental health day and I was kind of nervous to ask you because you were mad and on a business call when I was about to go to school... So I went to go ask Ben and he immediately said yes. He literally said "Cy, don't be afraid to come to me about anything..." " Cy paused as they began to tear up and get emotional. "He said, You can tell me anything you want. I will be your therapist when needed, your teddy bear for when you need a hug or just emotional support... and most importantly, your dad." Cy said as they started to cry. 

I started to get emotional too because I know how emotional and thoughtful Ben can be with me. But I was surprised he had a deep conversation with Cy. 

"Aw babe... That's so sweet... I know your dad hasn't been the best... But I am glad Ben is there to talk to you and that you can confide in him..." I said as I put the car In autopilot mode and wiped my tears away. I held Cy's hand as I continued to drive.

"Now you got me crying ma. I wasn't expecting to cry this early." They said and laughed. I laughed with them too. 

"Sorry kiddo. But Ben is so sweet he makes me cry too." I giggled. 

Once we arrived, I parked the car and got out. Cy got out too and I walked over to them and hugged them tightly and placed a soft kiss on their forehead. 

"I love you baby." I whispered and wiped their tears away. 

"I love you too momma. To the moon and back." They smiled. 

We walked in and my team was barely setting up right now. They were setting the tables and chairs. 

I walked over to talk to my event planner, Vanessa.