Soon....

Monday, September 18th

Ben's Perspective

The day began with the usual routine – getting the kids ready for school. Today, it was just Juni and Raelynn with me, as Jennifer was resting at home with her mom. After dropping off the children, I decided to surprise them with some Dunkin Donuts.

Juni, still new to solid foods, was particularly excited about the munchkins. We shared a tiny pinch of a donut with her, and her delight was a heartwarming sight.

Upon returning home, I carefully placed the girls in their car seats and headed inside to fetch the Dunkin. As I entered the house, I noticed Jennifer slowly descending the stairs on her own.

"Need any help, sweetheart?" I asked, concern etched on my face as I watched her make her way down.

"I got it." Jennifer replied softly, determined to tackle the stairs independently. She reached the bottom and joined me with a radiant smile.

"Where are my precious babies?" Jennifer inquired with joy as she spotted the girls.

"Hello, my little princess," Jennifer whispered sweetly, gently picking up Juni. Juni was wide awake, while her younger sister Raelynn continued to slumber.

"Aahhhh," Juni cooed and beamed at her mom, a delightful moment that melted our hearts.

"Good morning, my love," I greeted Jennifer with a loving smile and a kiss.

"Morning, Daddy," Jennifer replied with a warm smile as she cradled Juni. Juni cooed and kicked her legs playfully, clearly excited by my Dunkin Donuts arrival. I offered her a tiny piece of munchkin, and she munched on it, prompting a giggle from Jennifer.

"It seems like you're going to be a Dunkin fan just like your daddy, huh?" Jennifer spoke to Juni in a baby voice, evoking more delightful coos from our little one. But soon, Juni began to whimper softly, indicating her hunger.

"Okay, it's feeding time," Jennifer said gently as she settled on the couch, making sure to offer Juni some privacy by draping a thin blanket over her chest while she nursed.

Following this, Lupe, Jennifer's mom, arrived and I greeted her with a warm hug. "

Thank you, that's how we start a good morning," she said, her smile radiating positivity as she hugged me tightly and then pulled away.

"Of course," I chuckled, handing her an iced coffee.

"What are our plans for the day?" she inquired as I settled down beside Jennifer to enjoy my breakfast sandwich.

"I'd love to take it easy and relax today," Jennifer shared, resting her head on my shoulder. She took a bite from my sandwich, and we exchanged a loving moment.

"How about we take a few laps around the backyard and then have a nice lunch before you pick up the kids, Ben?" Lupe suggested.

"Well, maybe. We'll see how I'm feeling in a little while," Jennifer replied softly.As Raelynn woke up from her nap and let out a soft yawn, Jennifer held her and noticed her diaper needed changing.

"Looks like it's your turn," Jennifer teased, urging me to take care of Raelynn's diaper.

With the task completed, I returned to see Jennifer holding Juni. Gently, I exchanged the babies, taking Juni into my arms.

"Hello, beautiful," I smiled, planting a tender kiss on her forehead and rocking her gently. Juni cooed and gazed at me, her tiny hand reaching up to grasp my beard.

"You're such a beautiful baby girl. You have your mother's enchanting eyes and her adorable nose," I remarked, a sense of pride and adoration in my voice. Juni cooed and smiled, prompting my heart to swell with affection.

"Please, don't grow up too fast. I wish you could stay little forever," I playfully pouted, causing Juni to pull her hand away and sneeze, which was incredibly cute – the way she scrunched her nose, much like her mother.

I couldn't help but smile and softly chuckle. "Bless you, baby."

After spending some quality time with the kids, Lupe and I decided to prepare brunch. We made delicious egg sandwiches with a side of grits.

Once the food was ready, I arranged the plates on Jennifer's special china and placed them on an elegant black serving tray with custom metal handles. I set the tray on the backyard patio table, then returned to assist Jennifer, who still found it a bit challenging to move around.We strolled to the patio, and I held out Jennifer's chair for her. She settled in and graciously kissed my arm. "Thank you, baby," she whispered softly.

"Of course," I replied, leaning in for a sweet, deep kiss, while Lupe went inside to prepare the drinks. I reached down, tenderly massaging Jennifer's side, and knelt beside her, engaging in more affectionate gestures.

She blushed as I showered her neck with affection and whispered sweet nothings. "Don't get me too excited," she playfully warned, using her nails to gently caress the back of my neck.

"I'm just showing my gorgeous wife some love," I smirked, pulling away and gazing into her eyes. She reciprocated with a kiss and a soft smile.

"This time, you'll have to wait six weeks... I just got my period," Jennifer confessed, her tone serious.

"That's never stopped me before," I teased, making her shake her head.

"No, Ben, I mean it," she insisted.

With Lupe's return, I decided to change the subject and asked, "What do you think about moving back to our Georgia home?"

Jennifer considered it thoughtfully, replying, "I adore our home in Georgia. Maybe we can wait until Thanksgiving to see what the future holds for us there."

"How about moving sooner? We have great schools here, and we can settle down. We can always do movies in LA next year when we're ready, or simply follow our own path," I suggested.

"I like that idea. I think we both need a break from the media," Jennifer added."

Soon?" Lupe asked, expressing her longing to have the family closer on the East Coast.

"Soon," Jennifer assured her mom.T

o be continued...