Show day

It had been a few days since Jenn and I returned from our European trip. As Jenn, in her usual hardworking fashion, dove back into work, I found myself with some free time as the kids stayed with their mom, and Max and Cy spent the week with Marc. Next week, I'm gearing up to shoot a commercial for my friend Matt.

Today is Wednesday, also known as "Ellen day" for Jenn. Glancing at my watch – 8:32 AM – it's time for my wife to have breakfast before heading off to film. I rose and went to the kitchen, where the chef had already prepared breakfast. Ralfie, our chef, tends to show up on busy days like today. Jenn, wearing her nude JLo Beauty robe and favorite UGG slippers, joined me after a moment.

"Good morning, Ralfie. Morning, Ben. Thank you for breakfast; today is a busy day," Jenn expressed gratitude as she grabbed her plate of waffles, scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and potato grits.

"No worries, Mrs. Affleck. I know you're off to see Ellen today, and then you're presenting your new cream, right?" Ralfie inquired, glancing at Jenn.

"Yes! I'll have Ben swing by your place later today to drop off a skincare set for your wife and you. It'll have everything, including the robe and the mini skincare fridge," Jenn said with a smile.

"Wow, thank you. My wife loves your skincare line," Ralfie replied, smiling, before excusing himself to tidy up the kitchen.

"Of course, if you need more, I'll send you more. Don't be afraid to ask. You're part of our family," Jenn warmly assured him before sipping her coffee. I joined her at the table, ready to enjoy our breakfast.

"So, are you nervous, babe? Or are you sad Ellen is leaving daytime TV?" I asked Jenn.

"I don't know, babe. It's always been fun doing interviews with her, but it's kind of bittersweet because I'll miss having fun and doing the little game shows she does... But I won't miss her trying to ask me questions about my love life... I'm sure she will ask about-" Jenn paused as the doorbell rang. "Who's that?" She asked, looking at me with confusion.

"Isn't Benny supposed to be here?" Ralfie questioned.

"Not for another hour..." I replied, rising to answer the door.

Lydia, my neighbor, stood angrily outside, exclaiming, "Why are the paparazzi here???"

"I don't know," I sighed, glancing past her to see the paparazzi snapping photos and standing outside my gate. Lydia, realizing it wasn't planned at all, softened.

"I'll call security. I apologize for this; I didn't expect them to get this crazy..." I offered a sincere apology to Lydia.

She nodded softly, understanding it wasn't intentional. "Oh... wait.. You don't have paps following you 24/7...?" Lydia asked.

"No... But since my wife is a big celebrity... she does... I don't as much, to be honest..." I admitted softly.

"Oh... Wow, Alright, I apologize for disrupting your morning and for my attitude.. I didn't know.. I'll take care of them for you... Sorry again," Lydia apologized before leaving.

"Babe, you will not believe what is outside...." I said to Jenn as I closed the door and went over to her, sitting back down.

"Hmm..?" She mumbled as she ate her waffles.

"The paps... I didn't know how bad it was going to get; Benny warned us that the US goes crazy over celebrity couples, unlike Europe.." I explained, still in shock.

"Get the heck out... Are you serious, babe? Oh my god... these people already don't leave me alone." Jenn sighed, receiving a text from Elaine with a People magazine cover featuring a small paparazzi photo of us, the headline reading "Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck married in Europe! Congrats Bennifer!"