All I want for Christmas is you

At 5 AM on Tuesday, chaos unfolded in Ben's office due to an unexpected turn of events. Swearing quietly, he dropped his phone on the desk in frustration and impulsively threw a nearby object. Meanwhile, Jennifer entered the room excited for a day of filming, but her mood shifted as she sensed something was wrong. Concerned, she sat across from Ben, encouraging him to share. Despite the 3 AM email canceling the production, Jennifer displayed resilience and professionalism in the face of uncertainty.

"Let's move onto the next project. Shit happens, and believe me, it's happened many times to me," she declared, the assurance in her voice cutting through the tension. Rising from her seat, she enveloped Ben in a hug, her words becoming a balm to his frayed nerves. The promise of more opportunities hung in the air, and Jennifer's kiss on his forehead grounded him.

Ben's pov

She beamed and guided me to the cozy game room, where we snuggled on the plush couch, enveloped in a shared warmth. As the soft afternoon sunlight filtered through the curtains, we surrendered to the embrace of a nap, finding comfort in each other's presence.

After an hour of blissful slumber, a gentle coo pierced the tranquility, rousing us from our peaceful repose. I opened my eyes to discover Juni, our little bundle of joy, standing beside the couch, a bottle clutched in her tiny hand.

"Mo-momma," Juni cooed with a sweetness that melted our hearts, her eyes twinkling with innocence as she attempted to join us on the couch. My heart swelled with affection, and I chuckled softly. With a tender touch, I scooped up Juni in one arm, setting her gently on Jenn's back. The room was filled with shared laughter as Jenn, in a delightful baby voice, exclaimed, "Who's this little monkey on me?" This endearing moment triggered an adorable giggle from Juni.

Jennifer turned and managed to pick up Juni before getting up. We went downstairs to the kitchen and began cooking and making breakfast for the kids. Violet brought down Raelynn with her and made her a bottle of milk.

"So... my mom asked me to spend Christmas with her... I said no but Sam wants to see mom... I doubt she'll actually do it but Sam has his hopes up... I tried to tell him to not have his hopes up but he doesn't wanna listen." Violet whispered to me so Jenn wouldn't hear.

"Well.. I don't know what to say but I'll tell Jenn about it." I said to her.

"Okay sounds good." Violet said softly and sighed as she left the room with Raelynn in her arms.

"Babe!" I called out to Jenn who was in the laundry room that's near the kitchen.

"Coming!!" She responded as she put the kids clothes to wash.

She came out and had juni in her arms. I pulled Jenn close to me and kissed her. I figured I'd butter her up before telling her about Sam wanting to see his mom.

"What happened papi?" She smiled and kissed me one more time.

"Violet mentioned that her mom asked the kids if they wanted to spend time with her for Christmas.. sera and Violet already said no but Sam wants to. What do you think?" I asked her.

"Um.. I mean Sam has the right to go if he wants but I wanted to have all the kids together..." Jenn sighed.

"We still can..." i said.

"How?" Jenn asked.

"We can just tell her no and that Sam will stay with us only." I shrugged.

"Papi.. we can't do that.." Jenn says and was feeling bad.

"Why not? She hasn't been there for the kids all year." I said and was a bit upset that Jenn didn't agree with me.