Rough start of the week

Monday, November 27th

Ben's pov

The kids are back in school after having a week off. Jenn and I dropped them off to school before going to do a couples massage. Once we dropped them off, we headed to the massage parlor.

Jenn seemed a little quiet than usual. I looked over at her as I rubbed her arm softly.

"Hm?" Jenn looked up from her phone and looked at me.

"You okay honey?" I asked.

"Yes, why love?" She looked at me and kissed my cheek.

"You seem so quiet this morning." I said to her.

"I've been reading this book on my phone and it's very..." she paused and began rubbing my chest softly. "Sexy.." she whispered.

"And you like that stuff?" I asked.

"Oh yeah. It's so sexy to read. And it gives me ideas on what I can do for you later..." she whispered and looked at me with a mischievous grin.

""Before we dive into anything else, I should mention that I need to grab the final draft of the script tonight for my editing session," I told her, planting a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"Alright," Jenn replied softly, maintaining a subtle connection by rubbing my thigh as I navigated towards the office.

Once we reached our destination, I parked the car and stepped out.

"Are you joining me?" I asked

"Should I?" she questioned.

"Absolutely. I want my wife to experience my workplace," I said with a smile, and she eagerly joined me, her excitement showing as she exited the car.

Jenn and I walked into the office, and the atmosphere immediately shifted. Lisa Marie, a coworker who strongly disliked me, couldn't resist making subtly flirtatious remarks.

"Working late again? Hope it's worth it," she sneered, sending mixed signals with her eyes.

Unaware of her animosity, I unintentionally responded with a hint of flirtation, saying, "Always putting in the effort, you know me."

As Lisa Marie handed me the final rough draft of the movie script, her focus on me intensified, blatantly ignoring Jenn, who was standing nearby.

"Here's your precious script," she said, her tone dripping with flirtation. It became clear that she was intentionally sidelining my wife.

Jenn, sensing the awkward vibe, shot me a questioning look. Unbeknownst to me, the office dynamics were about to become even more complicated with Lisa Marie's covert animosity and flirtatious games.

As Jenn and I stormed back into the car after our visit to the office, a suffocating silence lingered. Finally, Jenn turned to me with a furious expression.

"Ben, seriously? You're just going to let Lisa Marie pull that flirting stunt right in front of me, and you don't do a damn thing about it?" she exclaimed, her frustration escalating into anger.

Confused and defensive, I retorted, "Flirting? I had no clue she was doing that. I was focused on grabbing the script."

Jenn's eyes bore into mine with an incredulous intensity. "Focused or not, it was painfully obvious! You need to address that behavior. It's disrespectful."

Realizing the gravity of the situation, I sighed heavily. "I genuinely didn't pick up on it, Jenn. I'll have a talk with her next time. I won't let anything jeopardize us like that."