The Special date part 1

The weekend of Valentines.... Saturday Morning, New York, 6:05 AM

Jennifer's Perspective:

I found myself at the gym near my apartment, immersed in my workout routine. In the midst of a set, my assistant, Charlotte, approached me with my phone.

"Char, you know better than to interrupt my workout," I sighed in frustration, continuing my pull-ups.

"I get it, but your boyfriend is calling on FaceTime," Char replied, arching her eyebrows.

"Oh, got it. Apologies," I released the bar and answered the call.

"Finally," Ben teased, feigning annoyance.

"I'm a busy woman, okay?" I laughed, wiping sweat away with a towel.

"I believe that. Where are you?" he chuckled, running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm at the gym, my usual spot when I'm not filming or busy with my kids or work," I explained, settling onto a bench.

"Alright. Well, I'm in New York. Supposed to be here last night, but my flight got delayed due to the winter storm," Ben sighed.

"Are you at a hotel? You should've called once you landed so you could stay at my place," I suggested, smiling.

"I didn't want to impose. I didn't know if you were asleep... I was going to invite you to my hotel," Ben teased as he strolled down the street.

"Aww, well, I'll cut my workout short. Where are you staying? I'll come pick you up, and we can cancel your hotel reservation," I suggested, eager to spend time together.

"Jenn, it's okay. You do your thing, and call me once you're done," Ben assured with a smile.

"Are you sure, baby? I really want to see you and just kiss you," I pouted.

"Yeah. Hold on," Ben said before abruptly hanging up.

"Well, that was rude. He doesn't seem too excited," I pouted, glancing at Char.

"Turn around," Char suggested, and as I did, I found Ben standing behind me with a massive bouquet of red roses and a box of chocolate chip cookies from my favorite bakery.

"You're kidding," I gasped, hand over my mouth in shock.

"Happy Valentine's Day, beautiful," Ben said, leaning down to kiss me, his arms enveloping me as Char took the flowers and cookies.

"I genuinely thought you hung up on me," I giggled.

"I could never hang up on my gorgeous girl," Ben assured, kissing my forehead.

"Cookies at the gym?" I laughed.

"Well... Charlotte mentioned you were craving cookies last night from your usual spot," he shrugged, looking at both of us.

"You two are sneaky," I giggled, hugging him.

"Are you going to finish your workout, or should we work out at your apartment?" Ben smirked.

"Ben!" I giggled, playfully slapping his chest.

As we left the gym, Char reminded us of an event at 9:00 AM the next day and left us to enjoy our weekend. In the car, she whispered some cheeky advice about stocking the drawer with supplies.

At my apartment, Ben and I hurriedly got ready, dodging paparazzi. My driver took us to Ben's hotel to collect his belongings, and we made our way to my place.