When someone loves you

Back to the date (in Ben's words)

Jenn's Pov

Ben leaned in and kissed my cheek softly. He was loving up on me like he use to. I mean I didn't really mind because I did miss him touching me and hugging me. I smiled and looked at him as he played with my rings. 

"So I have an offer for you." Ben said and looked at me. 

"Yes?" I smiled.

"Spend the weekend with me?" He smiled softly. 

"What do you mean? Tomorrow is the weekend." I laughed softly. 

"No, come with me to Malibu. You and I in Malibu, at a beach house I rented that overlooks the sea. It has its own private beach and is private. No paparazzi is ever around that area because they are restricted." He said as he looked at me. 

"I don't know Ben... I have to check with the kids to make sure they're okay with being at home by themselves for the day." I said and was worried because the mom in me still sees them as little babies and not teenagers. 

"Babe, the kids are teenagers. Even though Samuel is eleven, he is the most behaved eleven year old ever. He's like one of the teenagers. Plus, Violet is going to be there. She can drive, remember?" Ben said and looked at me. 

"Babe? I am not your babe. Second of all. I know our kids are capable of being by themselves but I just wanted to snuggle up with them this weekend before they go to your house for the week." I sighed. 

"Babe, baby, You're my everything and my only thing that matters in my life besides our kids. So get use to it." Ben said and kissed my nose. "So what do you say...? Are you up for it?" He asked and kissed my forehead then looked into my eyes with love. 

"Fine... Only because I liked that answer..." I said softly as I got lost in his eyes. It's been a while since I've felt this much love for him... It makes me feel like when we first started dating. I love him to death but I have to keep my distance. 

"Good." He smiled and pulled me close. He rubbed my back softly and I continued to look art him with love. I didn't want to admit it but when I look at him, I block out everything and everyone and focus only on Ben. We both were staring at each other with love. Our looks said a thousand words instead of us actually talking. We were embracing each others energy and enjoying the moment. I truly didn't believe we could get back to having moments like this but the way how I see him improving, I think more moments like this will happen more often. 

"I think you're still perfect just like the day that I first met you. I love your smile and the way you scrunch your nose... The way you laugh and your smile... your smile lights up a room like no other." Ben whispered as he continued to stare into my eyes with love. 

"I love how you say nice things about me that I already know." I said just to be a tease which Ben didn't seem to like. He pulled away a bit and sighed.

"Jenn, why are you so difficult sometimes?" He sighed. 

"Because you hurt me, no matter how much you try, I'll let you in very little by little. As for now, keep trying and maybe you'll win a prize. $5 a try." I teased. 

"Is this what it is to you? A game?" Ben said and looked at me upset. 

"Sometimes. I like watching you drag your feet through the mud trying to get closer to me when in reality you could've just taken the sidewalk this whole time and it wouldn't have been so difficult for you." I shrugged and saw Ben was confused. "in other words, don't try so hard because you trying hard right now is going to lead to you not trying so much when you finally get me." I added and looked at him. 

"So you think I am trying to hard just by giving you kisses and telling you how I feel about you?" He said and was upset still.

"You're just coming off a little too strong. Just think of it as if we never met, you wouldn't come off this strong on your first date with a stranger, now would you?" I said as I crossed my arms over my chest. 

"I- Jennifer. I know you already. I just want to be affectionate and be there for you. Can I just hold your hand and let me be your man? I want to be there for you because I love you." Ben said as he was being truthful. 

"How am I supposed to know you're telling the truth when you didn't do that the first time and I was the rebound who got knocked up?" I said and looked at him in disbelief as he wasn't understanding what I meant. 

"Jenn. I said I was sorry and I am trying to prove myself to you, my love for you." Ben said as he looked away and got emotional. 

I sighed and rubbed his back softly. "Sorry... I am just protecting myself because I know what is best for me and what isn't." I said. 

"So you're saying I'm not good for you?" Ben looked at me as he wiped his tears away.

"That is not what I meant. Papi, just relax, you are rushing things. When we first started dating, it was fast, I know but this time, let's just take things slow. I am still healing and so are you, we both are on our healing journeys, babe." I said and gave him a hug. Ben bugged back and sighed softly in relief. 

"I'm sorry if I was making you uncomfortable in anyway. I just don't want to lose you because I love you." He said softly and I nodded softly.  

"I understand." I smiled warmly and rubbed his arm softly. 

We moved onto a different topic and Ben started telling me about his new show he's directing.I smiled as I watched him be so passionate when talking about his favorite thing to do. We talked throughout the rest of the dinner and had a great night. 

When the check came I immediately gave my card to the waitress and Ben pulled out his card too. 

"No, take mine. I am treating my friend to a date." i said to the waitress. 

"No I am." Ben said and the waitress looked at us and was a bit nervous to choose which card. 

"Um... Just do paper rock scissors." The waitress said and laughed. Ben and I glared at each other playfully and did paper rock scissors. I had paper and Ben had rock. 

"Hah!" I laughed and Ben sighed playfully.

"Next time, I am paying." Ben said and laughed. 

"Whatever loser." I teased as the waitress was processing my payment with her hand held card reader. 

She handed me the pinpad and I left a tip amount of $100 for our $250 bill.

We then left the restaurant and Ben as always his hand was glued to my ass. I didn't mind. The valet was already at the front with our car. There were multiple workers outside holding umbrellas near our path to the car so that paparazzi was unable to take photos of us. 

"Thank you guys." Ben said to the workers as he opened my door for me and helped me get in.  

He got in after and tipped the valet worker $50 on top of the $35 valet service fee. 

We then drove off and went back home. I immediately fell asleep in the car because I had so much food and felt so relaxed in Ben's car. 

Ben rubbed my belly softly as I slept and felt the baby kick. He smiled widely and continued to drive home. 

To Be Continued...