Cy's adventure

Cy's Perspective

The move to Georgia wasn't my favorite, but leaving LA felt like a refreshing change. A new start beckoned, and having my papa nearby was a silver lining, promising more frequent visits.

Saturday morning, 5:30 AM.Mom and I were on our way to the gym, and her recent membership at a local Equinox marked a significant upgrade from the one in LA. This gym surpassed expectations, boasting luxurious spa rooms for post-workout facials.

"Ready to work out, coco?" My mom asked, playing with my hair as the driver took us to the gym.

"Absolutely. Can't wait for that facial. And, please, Mom, spare me the skincare advertisement at the gym," I teased, looking at her.

She seemed shocked, as if I said something horrible about her mother, and responded, "Cypher Lopez, you love JLo Beauty as much as I do. People should get to experience it more often." Her enthusiasm for the products was evident, and I sighed, pretending to listen – a reminder of how she could go overboard.

Finally, we arrived at the gym, and I was relieved. No more talking.Inside, Mom joined her trainer, and I pursued my own workout routine. Glancing at her during a set of pull-ups, I noticed something that took me by surprise – she was kissing someone. I quickly intervened.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked, bewildered, as my dad stood there looking confused.

"Oh, thank goodness it's you." I sighed, hugging my dad. Mom explained it was just Ben dropping off her protein shake, and I apologized for the misunderstanding.After a workout session, I led my dad to a quieter spot and confided in him about a dilemma – a girl I liked. I sought his advice on approaching her, as I wasn't close to my real dad.

"Is it Mari? Your best friend?" My dad guessed correctly, having learned from my stepsister Sera.

"Yeah... how'd you know?" I asked.

"Sera told me about her and how she's been asking her about you and who's your crush," he chuckled.

Confirming it was Mari, my dad shared advice on making her feel noticed. The revelation that Mari liked me brought joy and relief.Later, during a heart-to-heart, my dad assured me he could arrange for a car to take Mari on a date. Grateful, I thanked him, feeling reassured.

After finishing my workout, I treated myself to an anti-aging facial in the luxurious gym facilities. Rejuvenated, I found my mom waiting in her expansive locker room.

"Woah..." I marveled at the size.

"It's nice, right?" My mom giggled, and we headed to the waiting car. Eager to share my secret, I decided to wait until we were back home with my dad.

Upon arriving home, I gracefully slid off my mom's lap and was the first to step out of the car. We entered the house, finding my dad on the couch, sweetly talking to Raelynn while gently rocking her. I grinned, taking a seat next to him, with my mom settling on the other side.

Feeling a mix of nerves and excitement, I began, "I wanted to talk to you about something. I'm interested in someone, and I hope you won't freak out." My dad shot me a reassuring look, giving me the green light.

"Is it Mari?" My mom asked, glancing between my dad and me.

Surprised, I asked, "How did you know?"

"Baby, a mother always knows," she giggled softly.

"Oh..." I replied, a bit nervous about what would come next.

Encouragingly, my mom shared, "I think you should go for it. Look at your dad. He was just some guy who approached me, and I was unsure about him at first, but look at us now." She playfully slapped my dad's cheek, and after a momentary look of protest, he forgave her with a kiss.