1

Serenity is a difficult thing to obtain in a world like ours

There will always be a harsher force at work, trying to drag you down into their own worlds of affliction.

Though I often wonder why these forces are attracted to certain people more than others. Namely, me.

My vision is cloudy and my whole body feels like it's been dragged through a hurricane and back.

I try shift but my body feels heavy, where the fuck am I?

I continue to blink my eyes, trying to clear the grogginess in them.

I felt exhausted-

Had Gigi fucked me into unconsciousness last night or some shit-

As soon as my vision cleared more I squinted into the dark room, until a hand came over my mouth and a bedside table light was switched on.

"Don't scream." Emiliano says, sitting on the edge of the bed beside me. I suck in a breath, ready to belt my lungs out to try to get away from this asshole, but his hand shoves down on my mouth harder, "You never fucking listen, Carlotta." He seethes quietly, and I suddenly get vivid Deja-vu.

This shit feels familiar-

"They already think you have psychotic PTSD, do you really want them to knock you out again?" He hisses, and I release my breath, closing my mouth and looking at him blankly.

He removes his hand hesitantly, and I resist the urge to bite it.

Instead, I take the time to look around the room we're situated in. It was a hospital room.

I was dressed in a thin gown, a bouquet of flowers on my table and another bed pulled up to mine, sheets rumpled as if Emiliano had just scrambled out of them.

I look closer at the flowers, seeing a little card and barely making out the words:

Wishing you a quick recovery

- NY Federal Bureau of Investigation

I look back to him, to see him already watching me silently.

"Where are Gigi and Romeo?" I demand, and he looks away briefly, anger in his eyes before he wets his lips and looks back at me.

"The FBI are probably giving them Hell right now, but it won't be long before they stand trial and are sent away." He says eerily calm and I don't let my emotions show on my face, giving him a levelled look.

But on the inside I wanted to break down and scream.

"That didn't answer my question." I reply back calmly and his eyes narrow at me.

"He doesn't concern you anymore," Emiliano spits, shifting closer to me. I try to shift away from him but I'm restricted to my small bed. "The FBI have just captured two people heavily involved in mafias." He emphasises, "You won't be seeing them again."