17

Two men barrelled into the room and the shot rang out loudly

I was pulled into Andrei's chest, seeing Andreas pull Mateo to his as well, all of us ducking slightly.

"I knew your pathetic ass would show up here." August sneers, all traces of his otherwise friendly exterior immediately having turned cold.

I grip Andrei's forearm and peer round Andreas and Mateo, eyes widening in horror as I take in the mess in front of me.

Two bodies were sprawled on the floor, the first one bleeding from his abdomen, and the second lying still and breathing deeply on his stomach.

I immediately recognised the one who began cursing and howling in pain, Gabriel.

His hand was clutched to his lower stomach, eyes screwed shut as his breathing became laboured and heavy.

"Fuck you." He managed to breath out at August, who only continued to sneer down at him before Gabriel did a double take, "Holy shit- you're fucking royalty?" He gasps.

Does everyone know this bitch except us-

August says nothing, turning his gaze onto the boy laying beside Gabriel, who seemed uninjured.

I narrow my eyes on him, his hair looking familiar...

He lifts his head slowly and looks directly at me.

Lorenzo.

My hand flies to my mouth and I struggle out of Andrei's grip.

"Put your fucking gun down or I swear to the Gods-" I growl as I pass August, who does as I tell him, leaning back against the bar and watching out interaction.

I rush over to Lorenzo, who breaks into a tired looking smile and sits up as much as he can.

His teeth were bloody and there was a cut running along his cheekbone, but he pulled me into a hug nonetheless, holding me tightly against him.

"Bambina, sono così dispiaciuto." He mutters, and I didn't even remember that I should be mad at him right now. I was just so relieved.

(baby, i'm so sorry)

Romeo had told me Enzo helped him escape, and that he was defying Angelo as well. That was all I needed to know to trust my older brother again.

"Last time our sister talked about you she was crying her eyes out at the pain you inflicted." Maxim suddenly says, and I break away from Lorenzo, still sitting beside him where he's propped himself up on the floor.

Gabriel continues to loudly bleed out beside us, and all I can be bothered to do is send him a small smile before ignoring him completely.

August snorts at this.

Lorenzo's eyes turned icy, "I made a mistake." He grits, and I to all the other boys who eye Lorenzo warily.

"I've talked to Rome about Enzo." I cut in, everyone's attention sliding to me. "He helped Rome get out. You were able to trust Romeo, Enzo should be no different. Besides it's like you said, Angelo was-is the problem." I state and some of my brothers clench their jaws, but they reluctantly nod anyway.