33

I sat watching the news channel and refreshing my news app for the whole night, refusing to do anything else before  Silver made contact

I sat watching the news channel and refreshing my news app for the whole night, refusing to do anything else before Silver made contact.

Maxim refused to let me stay up alone, so opted to wait it out with me on the sofa- though his head is currently resting on a blanket on my lap as he snores away quietly.

The TV is on mute, playing the news headlines which haven't changed much since when we first heard them, however it had revealed that Augustus Grimaldi had accepted the title as King, and will move up to claim the throne.

I can't imagine he'll make a public appearance anytime soon- besides, his mother did just die.

A chill runs down my spine at the notion of Silver murdering his mother. I don't know why it came as such a shock to me that Silver only killed her for his own personal gain.

I'd been brought up in the Underworld for fucks sake, yet I was still so sheltered. Now that I was more independent I needed to become more familiarised. I live a lifestyle of murder and violence. It shouldn't come as a surprise.

That being said, I had no doubt Gigi had done unspeakable things. Even to those who may not have deserved it but it doesn't deter me in the slightest. I guess that was one advantage of having protective older brothers.

In fact, wasn't there a rumour about how he ripped this one guys throat out-

Eh, I'll ask him later.

Maxim turned his head over in my lap, making himself comfortable as he muttered something incoherent in his sleep.

I held back a smile as I looked down at my older brother, perplexed how he was so lovable when he was asleep, yet so slap-able when he was awake.

Some questions science just can't answer.

I blink to keep my tired eyes awake, not having slept for almost 24 hours now since yesterday night, and reach for my phone again to refresh the news.

I needed something. Anything.

And I get nothing.

I throw my head back against the sofa as nothing new comes up, frustrated and impatient.

I needed Gigi and Rome out. I was tired of all of this. I was concerned for their safety- and my sanity.

Maxim moves in his sleep again, and I look down to him.

He's frowning heavily in his sleep, shuffling as if he were uncomfortable.

I match his frown with my own, and run my hands through his hair a few times comfortingly. This seems to settle him down, his harsh expression fading and a small smile tugging on his lips as he leans closer to my hand.

Fucking puppy I swear to the gods-

I stop running my fingers through his hair when he's completely settled and make a move to grab my phone, when Maxim's hand grabs my wrist suddenly, making me flinch violently at the movement.