4

"We're going to ask you again, where is the rest of your family, and where does your illegal business happen?" One of the agents in front of me grits from a clenched jaw

I keep my head down, hands handcuffed to the table. The cold metal was numbing my wrists and my throat bobbed, swallowing down the urge to yell at them.

"Fucking Hell, the kid won't talk." The other agent growled, motioning his hands to me.

A small slither of satisfaction wracked through my body at their frustration, but to be honest, there were just a lot of other things on my mind at the moment.

"You're little friend won't talk either, you know that?" The first officer admits, planting his hands on the table and leaning over to sneer at me.

I internally chuckle, I don't know what was funnier; him calling Evangelos my friend or little.

I meet his eyes, my silence seeming to piss him off more, and when he's pissed, I get more information out of them than they do me.

He curls his lips in frustration and continues, "You two bastards took her didn't you?" He eggs on, "Your own sister, got her to trust you and then helped the Greek psycho claim her all for himself."

I clench my jaw, willing myself not to break my silent streak, even though I want to rage at him.

"It doesn't matter anyways," He says more calmly, leaning away from me to stand with his colleague who's leaning back and watching our interaction carefully, "You'll be in court soon and the evidence will be indisputable." He shrugs, and that got my attention.

I look up at him. Evidence? What the fuck could they have found to suggest Emiliano's allegations are true?

This was the first I was hearing of any 'evidence'?

Still, I keep quiet and the officers sigh.

"Fine, be like that. You're not helping yourself buddy." They say before opening the door to the interrogation room and leaving.

As soon as they're gone, my head slumps into my hands.

My head is racing with thoughts about Carlotta, the trial, Lorenzo- and fuck, Evangelos as well.

They hadn't let me see him, no matter how many times I had asked until I just stopped talking all together.

The most I got out of them was 'You'll see him when you both stand trial.'

I couldn't believe this shit was actually happening.

I looked at myself in the mirror opposite me, knowing it was two-way but still transfixed by my appearance.

The bruises on my face had faded out to an ugly yellow, and the cuts were closing up, leaving behind faint red lines. My hair had grown out, tickling my cheeks and getting in my eyes constantly.