32

I couldn't fucking believe it

I couldn't possibly fathom how someone could do such a thing to their little brother. To someone who trusted them wholeheartedly and relied on them for support.

Andreas answered the door when someone knocked, and I followed straight after him, eyes settling on Silver's as he walked through the door.

He smiles at me, seemingly far too chipper for the current circumstances.

"Hey- Car, what's up?" He asks, brows furrowed as I approach behind Andreas, no doubt seeing my slightly unsettled features.

Lorenzo was upstairs currently, talking with Giovanni on the phone.

I left him to talk to him alone, knowing my presence would only complicate things and distract Gio's priorities from Massimo- who needed all the attention at the moment.

Besides, I had other things to settle.

I smile tightly at Silver, "Hey." I greet and he smiles at me lopsidedly.

"Uh-oh, business Car is out to play, huh?" He says light-heartedly and I can't help but smile at him softly. How could this guy possibly have such ill intentions?

"Yeah," I chuckle in response before pulling the small bottle of cyanide out of my hoodie. I hold the liquid up and it catches the sunlight, Silver's eyes lighting up at the sight of it.

"You got it." He seems to mutter, hearts practically forming in his eyes as he admires the small bottle I hold.

"Did you doubt I could?" I narrow my eyes at him playfully and he grins.

I hold it out to him, and he grips it to tug away but I hold tight, meeting resistance.

His captivated gaze darts to me and he stops pulling, simply holding the small bottle together with me.

"I want you to kill your mother tonight." I tell him boldly and his lips seem to quirk up a little, "And I want your first private act as King to be pardoning Evangelos Kosmos and Romeo Beneventi from Donhillven Prison." I say pointedly.

The room is quiet around me, my brothers who stood behind me stilling and listening to my bold choice of words.

Silver tugs on the small bottle again, almost as if testing my confidence, but I hold on tightly, stopping him from holding it completely.

His lips tilt up fully at this, "I'll see what I can do." He responds, making me frown deeply as he goes to take the bottle again.

This time I let him, yet follow my hand with his hand, at the last minute shoving the whole bottle to his chest roughly and looking up at him, yet down at him at the same time, through darker eyes.

His jaw clenches at the action.

"You will. I need to get home as soon as possible, but I'm not leaving without them both. You will kill your mother tonight and you will pardon them both by tomorrow afternoon." I reiterate.