59

"Why are you all dressed up?" I ask Mateo, who's leaning against the island of the penthouse

Car and I were in the process of planning to move, just talking about furniture and how we want things- but we haven't actually told anyone as of yet.

Mateo shrugs, "Car and I wanted to go out tonight, she has somewhere she wants to go." Mateo shakes his head.

I frown, "Where's Andreas?" I ask, noticing the Incubus of the house is missing.

"Astrid and Magnus are in town so he's out with them for the night. Just me and Car." He grins.

I harrumph and pull my black hoodie over my t-shirt, "Well I'll probably be back before you guys then." I mutter.

I was meeting with Andrei and Milan tonight, who'd just closed the deal on the place I recommended for their tattoo parlour. We're going over to check it out, have some beers.

They've kind of become my brothers in a way. It was nice they were close to my own age.

"Depends how much Car drinks." Mateo snorts and I pull my head through my hoodie and glare at him.

"You'll make sure she's safe," I tell him sternly, "If it's the last fucking thing you do, got that?" I say, taking a step over to where he's casually leant against the counter.

He straightens a little, "Course man." He nods and I hear a clicking sound on the stairs and then the hard-wood floor.

We both turn to admire Car as she saunters into the kitchen, plopping her purse on one of the barstools.

I don't think she knows how utterly stunning she is-

My eyes trail down to her dress and I suddenly wish I was hanging with her tonight. Mateo smirks smugly at Car's outfit, and then me, almost boasting the fact he was going to be dancing with her tonight.

When Car puts down her phone and finally acknowledges us on her own agenda, as she should, she smiles brightly and walks up to me.

I catch her hips and drag her closer, her face much more level to mine with her heels on.

"You look beautiful." I tell her and she grins.

"Thank you." She replies and puts her hands on my chest, "Have fun tonight, yeah?" She says, biting her lip temptingly.

Her hands slide down my chest and into my hoodie front pocket, resting inside the pouch as I hold her close.

I nod, knowing she was over the moon that me and her brothers got on so well. I glance at Mateo quickly before looking back down at Carlotta.

"Call me if anyone touches you." I tell her and she walks out of my grasp to pick up her bag.

She sends me a look, "I have Mateo- he's my guard tonight." This makes Mateo smile, puffing his chest a little.