41

I walked over to Gigi, who was frozen in his spot for a good minute before he shook his head and cursed lowly, making a move to put out the cigarette he was holding

I grab his wrist though, and his gaze whips to me. Shaking my head, I say, "Don't put it out, it's okay."

He hesitates, but eventually gives in, not putting the cigarette away but rather bringing it back to his lips, taking a long drag and holding it in his lungs.

The faint cool wind breezes over us, making me shiver and bring my arms up to cross over my chest, Gigi and I's hair blowing softly.

Feeling cold, I eye the glowing cigarette, and reach out to take it from Gigi. He lets me, though I see the clench in his jaw as I do, noting his disapproval of me smoking.

I take an unpleasant drag but grimace and blow it out ungracefully with a cough, "Fuck, it never gets better." I mutter, and I swear I see Gigi's lips tilt slightly before he turns to me fully, towering over me considering how close he was standing.

"Let me." He says, taking the cigarette back from me, smoke escaping his mouth and nose as he talks from his previous inhale.

I crease my brows in confusion as he takes the cigarette back and takes another long drag, holding it in and stumping out the rest of the cigarette.

"Wait- I wanted-" I start, but cut myself off when his large hand roughly cups the back of my head and tilts it up, his mouth coming down on mine.

He blows the smoke from his mouth into mine, and I take it from him greedily, his mouth fusing with my own for a second longer than necessary before he pulls back, smoke escaping our mouths between us.

I just looked up at him in a daze after what he did, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have sent you away like that." I tell him softly, and he furrows his dark brows.

"No Car, I'm sorry. I have no excuses for my anger- I just-" He says, hesitating on his words. He eventually huffs, looking down at his feet, "He just pissed me off." He mumbles.

How the fuck could I ever be mad at him?

My eyes soften and I reach my hand up to touch his cheek, to which he leans into my hand instantaneously, "I kicked Giovanni out. No matter who hit first- he still hit you." I tell him with a gleam in his eyes, which he huffs a laugh at and smirks.

He holds the cigarette between his fingers in one hand, the other coming to touch the arm of my hand on his cheek and smile down at me, "My fearless Donna." He says, turning his head to kiss my palm.

His eyes turn serious again though, "I really am sorry. All I see when I look at some of your brothers is how they fucking treated you." He rants, "They were all practically your guardians- like your parents and they fucked you over. It hits close to home." He admits and I drop my hand, opting to lean into his chest instead.