3

I immediately make a move to go after Emiliano, hissing when I swing my legs over the edge of the hospital bed

I bite down on my lip to suppress the pain, my whole body still aching from yesterday's event.

Fuck, it feels like so much longer ago than just yesterday.

I hop out of the bed, but as soon as my feet hit the floor, pain sears through my body, and I grip onto the edge of the bed to steady myself as I wait for the initial ache to pass by.

I'm able to let go after a few seconds, noting Emiliano is already long fucking gone and deciding to try strech out some of my limbs instead.

My muscles loosen and the pain is now just a dull ache, manageable to move around with.

I pick up my phone from the bed where Emiliano tossed it to me a few minutes ago.

I open it and it immediately opens on the text messages with Romeo, that having been the last thing I saw before I blacked out.

My heart tightens and I exit the conversation without looking too closely at it, my worry for Romeo growing tenfold.

I immediately call Andrei, knowing my brothers are probably freaking the fuck out not knowing where I am.

The phone doesn't even get a ring in before it's picked up, "Hello?" Andrei's voice rings out hurriedly on the other end.

"Andrei, it's me." I say, a smile daring to pull at my lips from hearing a friendly voice.

"Car, oh my god, where are you? Are you okay?" He says, and I can hear other voices talking loudly in the background.

I hesitate before I answer him, am I okay? "No." I say honestly, biting my lip to try to distract myself as I glance around the hospital room, noticing a pile of clothes on one of the dressers.

I head over to it whilst still on the phone, planning to change before getting the fuck out of here.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry Car, tell us where you are we're coming for you okay, sweetheart?" He says, voice sounding pained.

The sadness in his voice triggers something in me, almost like him being upset for me makes me worse, I hold back a sob, "Please hurry Andrei. I'm at the Queen street hospital."

The things that've happened in the past hour-

The shit Gigi will find out...

I hear exclamations on the other end of the phone before Andrei's voice rings back out, "Hang on Car, we're coming." He says and we hang up.

I breathe out heavily and will my tears away. I grab the large clothes off the counter and step into the hospital bathroom.

I close and lock the door behind me, dumping the clothes on the counter and leaning against the sink, staring deeply at my reflection.