6

Andreas and Mateo could sense the shift in my mood, and scooted to sit a little straighter, giving me all their attention

"What is it?" Andreas asks, sounding interested in what I had to say.

Mateo's hand was still on my thigh, and I slipped Gigi's chain off Milky's neck and wrapped it around my fingers.

"I just want you to hear it from me first." I continue, and they both still beside me.

"Okay, you're scaring us, what?" Mateo says, but my eyes are concentrated on my lap as I fiddle with the chain.

I take in a breath- mentally preparing myself to tell them something I'd only ever told Emiliano in confidence, and we all know how that turned out.

"So, you know how they checked me over in the hospital?" I ask, and they nod hesitantly. "They were looking for evidence to use against Gigi and Romeo. Emiliano claimed that Gigi had been sexually assaulting me, and that Romeo was an accomplice, letting it happen." I mutter and Andreas curses under his breath.

He shuffles closer to me protectively, almost as if the words of me ever even being sexually assaulted trigger him.

Then he's not going to like the rest of what I have to say-

"Obviously I was unconscious so I couldn't refuse the check up. They'd taken scans and x-rays and even had a gyno look at me." I say, shivering at the thought of all that happening whilst I was unconscious.

"Fucking Hell." Mateo mutters angrily, his hand putting more pressure on my thigh.

The pressure makes me glance down at his hand, some silver rings gleaming on his fingers.

Needing the contact and distraction, I pick up his hand and start absentmindedly playing with his fingers and rings. He lets me, just looking down at our hands together.

Andreas's hand rests on my other thigh, "Not that what they did was okay- cause fucking trust me I'll burn that hospital and its medical licence to the ground- but they wouldn't have found anything anyways, Gigi hasn't assaulted you." He says trepidly.

I smile humourlessly at Mateo's hand. "That's what I'm preparing you for." I say, "They did find something." I uncover, and Mateo's otherwise limp hand suddenly snatches mine, making me gasp and look up at him.

He looks down at me, face blank but his eyes blazing infernal fires, "What did they find?" He asks roughly, and I can feel Andreas's solid form beside me.

I maintain eye contact with Mateo, "Tissue damage, my vaginal canal has tears, and my cervix is damaged."

Mateo looks down at me, jaw clenched and grip like iron on my own hand.

My other hand is suddenly seized and my attention is drawn to Andreas, who doesn't even try to hide his anger.

"Carlotta," He says seriously, working his jaw, "Did Emiliano do anything to you? Even if you were unconscious, was there a chance he- he assaulted you?" He grits, struggling to even voice the second half of his sentence.