26

After Levi's little spat with Silver yesterday, he's been back to normal

Silver ended up leaving late afternoon yesterday, spending most of his time with Carlotta.

I lurked in the background though, keeping an eye on the kid. He seemed sound but... I could never be sure.

"I don't care if I was fucking harsh." Levi states, crossing his arms across from Car at the breakfast table.

"I'm just saying, you didn't have to storm off like that." Car shrugs back, taking another bite of her avocado toast.

How she eats that shit for breakfast is beyond me-

"Whatever. He's an ass anyways." Levi grumbles, and Car sends him a warning look.

"He's nice." She counters and Maxim snorts, turning her glare on him.

"Only because he likes you." He teases, and now we all send him a warning look.

"Maxim." I say lowly, and he looks at me with an innocent expression, holding his hands up in mock surrender.

The kids continue their argument and my phone buzzes in my pocket.

I pull it out and unconsciously smile at the message.

Nik:

I'm about to text Car to come meet me at the airstrip to pick up the order. I'm gonna recommend she take one person with her. It better be you or I'll ignore you when you get home. :)

Me:

Bold of you to talk to your boss like that.

Nik:

Car is my boss now, I can talk to you however I want.

I shake my head at Nik text slightly, and refocus on the argument at hand.

"Yeah, well- your boyfriend is a convict!" Levi counters, the argument now seeming to just have turned into an insult match.

I sigh deeply and cross my arms over my chest, leaning back in my chair to referee.

Car smirked evilly at Levi, "If my judgement is correct- so is your crush." She snides and Maxim gapes beside her.

"Oooohhh!" He slaps the table, fist bumping Car as heat crawls up Levi's neck.

It seems though that Levi was saved by the bell when Car's phone goes off- rather loudly at that- and everyone turns their attention to her.

She takes another bite of her toast casually and picks up the phone, chewing as she reads the message and her eyes light up.

"Nik is here!" She announces after swallowing her food.

The boys perk up a little, seeming to have forgotten about their little debate.