54

"I feel bad for Rodrick

"I feel bad for Rodrick." I pout twisting my lips to the side as Gigi's hand grips my thigh in the car, his other hand staying lazily on the wheel.

We were on our way to the vets for Arabella's appointment the next day.

Everyone ended up leaving early yesterday- Silver apparently taking Romeo somewhere which both Lorenzo and Gigi were reluctant to.

But they both slipped him a knife for 'self-defence' and sent him on his way with a glare.

Gigi looks over to me briefly before squeezing my thigh, "He'll be okay..." He responds, "We couldn't exactly bring him with us. I feel bad for the guy but Andreas and Mateo will keep him distracted for a few hours." He tries to reassure.

"That's part of why I feel bad for him." I deadpan, giving him a look that makes him smile at the road in front of him.

Arabella meows in her carrier in the back seat, and I turn to look at her, strapped into the car.

"Hey mama, we're almost there, yeah?" I try to soothe her and she meows yet again. I smile and reach my hand back so she can sniff me, "We might get to see your babies today. We can get an ultrasound, hm?" I say, and she tries rubbing her sound on me through the bars, which makes me smile wider.

Gigi's thumb brushes over my thigh which brings my attention back to him, glimpsing a flash of that weird look on his face again before it's gone.

He clears his throat, "Have you thought about what we're going to do with the kittens?" He asks me.

I frown, knowing logically we couldn't keep all the kittens, but not liking the idea of giving them away, "I want to keep two." I decide, and Gigi looks at me surprised.

"That's it?" He asks with a smile, then letting out a breath, "Pfft, I thought you were going to want them all. Trust me- I love the cats but I couldn't cope with 6 more of them." He shakes his head and I smile.

"Doesn't mean it won't be hard to give any away, besides it depends on how many we're having." I shrug, and look over my slightly overgrown nails with a grimace.

I needed to call up Astrid so we can get manicures again-

Gigi clenches his jaw before responding, "Why two?" He asks and I smile softly.

"One for us, and... I thought we'd give one to Andreas and Mateo if they want it. I know they said it could be a few years- but having a cat when you grow up as a kid is really special. It'll be the baby's little companion and keep him company. And it teaches responsibility and how to love." I respond, thinking about how much I wished I had a cat growing up- or anyone really.

It's what I'd want for my child.

Gigi gives me a strained smile- and I know somethings up, but he's too quick to mask his emotions, "That's a great idea, love, I'm sure they'd really appreciate that, especially for their future kid." He tells me approvingly and I warm, "Speaking of- I've looked at a few places we can potentially get together." He tells me and I look at him in shock.