The misunderstanding

1 month after ch

1 month after ch.70

"I still can't believe Rome is spending this week in London." I shake my head as I'm laying on the sofa with Massimo.

"Fuck, me neither." Massimo responds, rubbing a hand over his face, "I hate it." He grumbles, stretching his head onto my lap as we watch TV together.

I laugh at him and brush my fingers through his hair - which was growing out into a pretty impressive mullet. It suited him.

"Do you miss your brother Massy-Moo?" I coo at him in a baby voice and he only grumbles in my lap.

"Yes." He admits and I snort a laugh.

"Am I not good enough?" I ask him and he twists his head around to look at me.

"You don't live here." He says with narrowed eyes, "And Lorenzo is always busy. The only other sibling in the house is a massive asshole." He states, referring to Giovanni.

"Fair enough." I agree with him, but my fingers still in his hair when I hear something behind me.

I twist my head around on the sofa to glance backwards, seeing Giovanni's retreating figure going to the kitchen.

"Shit." I mutter quietly under my breath, guilt flowing over me.

"Hm?" Massimo shifts his head on me and I look down to him.

"I'm just going to get some water, do you want anything?" I ask Massimo and he shakes his head at me, but sits up so I can leave.

I get up and hurry down the corridor to the kitchen, where Giovanni is gripping onto one of the countertops.

His eyes whip to me when he sees me enter, and my eyes soften at him, "Giovanni..." I start, not really knowing what I wanted to say to him.

He glares at me, "Sparing a second to talk to your asshole brother?" He mocks and my guilt towards him is instantly squashed.

I level him a look, "Maybe you wouldn't be the asshole if you at least tried to make amends." I shoot back at him and his jaw clenches.

"Same goes for you." He retorts and I scoff at him in disbelief.

"Me? Giovanni I want nothing more than for us to be friends, to forgive you. And I have tried. You're the one who ignores me and then goes and sulks when I hurt your feelings." I tell him and he straightens, watching me through angry eyes.

"You can't say that when all I've ever wanted was the best for you, to protect you bambina." He stresses, and I want to roll my eyes at his claims.

(baby)

Where were you when Angelo was pushing me around, hm? Oh yeah, right by his fucking side.

"Protect me from what? From big bad Evangelos?" I ask and his eyes darken, his grip on the counter getting tighter.