18

Car was all I could think about, and she was coming today

In more ways than one-

"Gigi?" Romeo asks from the top bunk, both of us laying in silence as we wait for the morning bell to go.

"Yeah, bud?" The nickname kinda just slipped out over the past few days. Romeo was a good kid, and not that I could ever replace Apollo but...

He felt like my little brother.

"I hate to ask you this," he grumbles and I sit up a little straighter with a frown, "I can take care of myself and all but... what if those guys come back from yesterday? When you're with Car?" He asks and I clench my jaw at the memory.

I didn't even catch the guy's name before he swung a fist at my jaw, busting my lip and bruising my cheek. His little lap dogs just laughed when I stumbled back, not prepared for the blow and Romeo helped orient me.

The pussy walked off without an explanation before I could hit back.

Why was mans so possessive over a bench?

Was he that lonely in prison-

"Stay in the yard okay? Be out in the open, near officers. Those bitches caught us off guard yesterday cause we were in a private hallway." I tell him, feeling protective over leaving him alone for an hour or two, "I don't think they were after you anyways..." I think aloud and hear Romeo shuffle on the bunk above me.

All of a sudden his head pops down, hanging upside down from the top bunk to look at me.

I start at his sudden appearance, but he only smiles.

"Okay Mr. Popular, what am I, you're invisible best friend?" He scoffs, and I chuckle, shaking my head at him and leaning back against the wall to face his upside down head.

"Invisible is better than being on several different hit lists." I joke back and he smiles again.

"Yeah but it does sound more badass." He grins and I roll my eyes at him.

"Always thinking with your ego, huh?" I quirk a brow at him and he tilts his head slightly, it going a bit red from the blood rushing to it.

"Big egos are stigmatised." He huffs and I smirk at him.

"So you admit you have a big ego?" I ask and he shrugs as best he can whilst his head is upside down. "Are you compensating for something?" I tease and he gapes at me.

His head disappears before he jumps down from the bunk, landing on the floor with a thump as he steadies himself,

He goes a little loopy, the blood that had rushed to his head now being dragged back down his body. I couldn't help but scoff a laugh at how drunk he looked at that moment.

"Woah," He says as he blinks, readjusting his blood distribution. Once he's semi-normal, he turns to me with a glare, "You're a dick sometimes you know that?"