60

"So what are our club personalities?" I ask Mateo as we walk hand-in-hand down the dark streets of New York

Mateo looks down at me, and I see his confused expression illuminated by the heavy traffic, "Club personalities?" He repeats.

I nod my head, "Uhuh, we need to create new identities, wow people. Fuck with them, it's fun." I shrug, and I can't believe he hasn't done this before.

Mateo scoffs a laugh, "Oh cause telling people we run mafia's isn't believable enough?" He says smugly and I scowl at him.

"Lighten up." I whine, and swing our hands exaggeratedly as we walk.

Mateo cracks a smile, "Okay. Who are we tonight then?" He asks and I grin.

"Hmm. My name is... Arabella!" I say and Mateo gives me a look.

"Real original idiot." He comments and I send him a glare. He rolls his eyes, swinging our hands even more, "Then I'll be Rodrick." He counters.

I purse my lips, "You're my husband and you're rich from selling..." I trail off, trying to think of something Rodrick would sell.

Mateo starts to think too, humming to himself as we cross the street.

I snort, "You're rich because you invented cat litter."

Mateo gasps, "Arabella! I treat you well with my cat shit money." He jokes, smirking down at me as I shake my head.

"So then it's sorted, Rodrick. To anyone who asks, we're married. It will hopefully keep the creeps at bay." I jide and he nods his head enthusiastically.

He grins mischievously before nudging my side, "We could make it interesting and say we're swingers." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

I grimace and push him away, "Ew no. Fuck off." I laugh, "We're trying to keep the creeps away, not get them in our bed."

Mateo laughs loudly before turning more serious, "Just don't tell your actual husband." He side glances me and I roll my eyes.

"I think we're past that point Mateo." I tease and he chuckles, letting go of my hand and pulling me to his side as we approach the club.

"What is this place anyways?" Mateo asks, squinting his eyes as he looks up at the neon pink sign spelling 'Stripped' above the entrance.

I grin, "This is a place Hailey recommended."

Mateo gives me a look, "Well that can't be good."

I frown and punch him lightly on his arm, "Be nice." I scold and he scrunches his face in disapproval.

"You were my friend first." He mutters under his breath and I pretend to ignore him, continuing my explanation.

"Anyways," I say pointedly, and he's a good boy and listens, "It's like a Karaoke bar but instead of singing you strip dance." I gush excitedly.