27

The majority of inmates at the prison stayed clear of us

Word had gotten out I'd assaulted an officer, and the majority of the inmates saw Romeo beat the shit out of who I learnt was a human trafficker.

Sounds like the fucker deserved a beating-

Either way, it was kind of ironic.

Everyone in here is in a maximum security prison, but I guess it shows what pussies the majority of these guys actually are.

I continue to bench press the heavy weight, breathing in and out in rhythm as I lower and rise the heavy weights.

Romeo stood by my head, spotting me as I finished my last rep.

I breath out sharply and hook the weight back onto the stand, sitting up and wiping my sweat forehead with the back of my hand.

"Fuck man, I think you could have Giovanni beat- and thats saying something." He comments.

I grunt, the sun shining on my bare chest as I catch my breath, "If I'm lucky we'll get to test the theory when I beat his ass." I counter and Romeo smirks, going to sit in front of me on the bench.

"I'll help you there." He says with a grin and I smile and shake my head.

We took advantage of our new status, and claimed the outdoor gym in the yard to ourselves, having worked out all morning as other prisoners backed off from the equipment.

I get up and stretch, turning to face Romeo with my fingers laced behind my head, "Want me to spot you?" I nod to the bench press.

He shakes his head, sweat dripping down his own bare chest, "Nah man, I'm done for today." He breathes, glancing up at me and squinting from the bright sun.

I nod and sit down on the floor, spreading my legs.

Romeo looks at me, eyes still slightly squinted before speaking, "Hey man, don't answer if you don't want to but... how'd you get the scars?" He asks hesitantly yet completely respectfully.

I unconsciously flex my back, feeling the scars move over my taut muscles, "My father cut me for being bisexual." I told him, surprising myself and how easy that was.

I guess this is the kind of stuff you'd feel comfortable sharing with your brother.

"He was really religious when he chose to be, which is ironic considering the countless sins he committed in his line of work, but I think he was just trying to find an excuse to punish me. Being Greek we have a natural religion and he just chose to reference it whenever he wanted to hurt me." I share and look up to him where he's still sitting on the bench.

He nods at me, "Dads are assholes. I'm sorry yours did that shit." He offers, not probing further and I nod at him with a tilt of my lips.

I mean- what can you really say to hearing someone's dad cut them?