22

I glance at my phone on the nightstand and read the time

5:02am.

I sigh frustratedly and flop onto my back in the bed, glaring up at the ceiling.

I went to bed like Lorenzo told me at 11:30pm last night, and haven't been able to sleep a wink since then.

All I've done is painstakingly stared into the dark room, listening to absolutely nothing other than my frantic thoughts.

I was so happy with Gigi yesterday, literally on cloud 9, but then I had to leave and my pain suddenly got two times worse.

It's almost as if I were teased with him, and then separated yet again.

It's not that I didn't have faith in our plan- in fact I was really optimistic.

And I was grateful to Gigi for that. He reassured me of my position yesterday, and didn't grill me on the plan or my safety, trusting me to fill his shoes when he was gone.

With one last glance at the same spot of the ceiling I'd been staring at all night, I huff and sit up, slipping out of bed and throwing on some sleep shorts under my oversized t-shirt.

I grab my phone, and open the guest bedroom door of Amelia and Gracie's mansion, being quiet so as to not disturb anyone else in the house.

Knowing all the boys- they won't be up until midday anyways.

I tread down the stairs and suddenly miss being followed around the house by two little shadows.

I frown but shake off the feeling, heading directly to the kitchen, knowing I needed something to hydrate my parched throat.

A small laugh stopped me in my tracks though, and then the sound of hushed whispers.

With furrowed brows, I continued to the kitchen where there was already a light on. As I eventually neared, I spotted Amelia and Gracie sitting by the kitchen island, facing one another as they smiled and whispered.

I stop by the doorway, feeling like I've walked in on something intimate and make a move to leave before Gracie's voice rings out.

"Car, honey come in." She says softly, and I turn awkwardly on my feet, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.

"Are you sure? I was just going to get some water and go-" I explain but Amelia shakes her head with a frown and waves me over, Gracie getting up and filling some water in a glass.

"No, sit with us." She smiles and I smile back shyly, making my way over to them and taking the free seat beside Amelia.

I don't know why I was shy- I just respected them so much and they were so damn powerful.

Gracie sits down next to Amelia again and puts the glass of water on the island before rolling her eyes at me playfully, "Silly girl." She scolds before grabbing the edge of my barstool and dragging me towards her, so I'm situated in between the two women.