11

The air transport they put us in was cold

The plane rumbles loudly as we cut through the skies, putting miles and miles of distance between us and our homes.

The prisoner transport plane was full of other men as well, benches lining either side of the room as we were cuffed in.

I managed to convince them to put Romeo next to me by the wall. I didn't want him sitting next to any strangers- let alone convicts who I sure as Hell wasn't trusting.

Romeo is only 19 and he looks it. I needed to keep him close at all times both here and inside the prison.

He shivered slightly beside me, and I looked down at him. His lips looked almost blue as he tried to stay warm, holding his cuffed arms to his body as much as possible.

I never realised how much Car and Romeo look alike. The same thick brown hair and dainty nose.

I scooted closer to Romeo, pressing some of my body to his to transfer heat and he accepted it gratefully, leaning his head on my shoulder as he tried to warm up as best as possible.

I realised Romeo was never that bad guy in this situation. Sure, he was in the wrong, but if I should be pissed at anyone it's Angelo.

Besides, Car loves Romeo, and I love Car. And, I guess Rome was kinda okay...

Thankfully other prisoners on the plane seemed to mind their business. Unlike us, they were coming in here alone. I was at least grateful that I wasn't.

Romeo was breathing a little steadier on my shoulder now, and I relaxed a little more. I didn't know how long we'd be in here- I didn't know if I wanted Car to risk even meddling with the law to try to break us out.

Even if she did break us out we'd be on the run, and what kind of life is that for her?

I rest my head on top of Romeo's as well, not caring at the few sidelong glances we both got.

15 years. Then I can be with her. If she still wants me, but I wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to wait that long.

~~~

Once we made it to the UK several hours later, we were transported in yet another prison bus- taking the total hours of our travel up to the 20s.

Romeo and I were both exhausted, not having trusted our surroundings enough to get any decent sleep- taking it in shifts to stay awake as the other dozed off for a little.

We'd finally made it to the prison- and when they say its maximum security, it's maximum fucking security.

The walls and gates reached 10ft tall around the entire perimeter, guard towers posted every 20 feet with armed guards.

There were prison courtyards where some inmates were hanging around outside, but we got moved directly into the main building.

Romeo and I stuck by one another, the officers moving people in twos.