Chapter 8

.

.

.

.

"Eh?? You kicked the guy?"

Jeong said as you chuckled seeing her reaction.

You two went to eat some ramen on the nearby store at your apartment.

Earlier, Winter and Soobin was picked up by their manager's respectively.

You took a fork out of your ramen and ate it.

"Yeah. But I told Min it was Soobin. I don't want her asking me why I know how to kick."

"So why do you know?"

You chuckled as she looked at you with a serious face. You gulped a little since you got nervous.

"Well.. Lets just say I was taught Taekwando and karate when I was a kid. I stopped in middle school because- never mind, I just got bored I guess."

You sighted a little as Jeong nodded at you. She noticed how uncomfortable you looked when she asked you that question.

"I wonder how his past was..."

You on the other hand wanted to ask her about her necklace.

"Say Jeong. If its okay with you, tell me about your Necklace."

Jeong nodded her head as she began to talk about her necklace.

"Hmm.. I got this necklace ever since I was 4. My Mom bought it for me on my 4th birthday. You can say that this necklace is really, really precious for me. Since it was the first gift Mom gave me.. also the last..."

You looked at her as you suddenly felt empathy for her.

"I'm sorry.."

You said as Jeong just shook her head at you. Her weak small smile didn't help you feel better.

"It's okay. You went so far to help me get my necklace. It's okay besides, you should at least know for all that trouble you went through."

You only nodded your head at her as you listened to her story.

"Anyway, My mom... Well let's say she couldn't see me grow up..."

She looked down as you sighted softly. Seeing her sad really does break your heart. It reminds you of the scene earlier, where Winter looked so vulnerable.

"My Mom... Was always busy with work that she couldn't visit back home for any occasions. She hardly stays at Korea but she does call and send gifts. But it's not the same when she's at home.. Physically."

"On my 14th Birthday. My Mom told me she was planning to go back home to celebrate my birthday and that made me so happy. I was so excited to see her again. My day was complete, and I started it off with a good news. That day was full of joy and postivity yet.. It ended in a wrong note.. "

She stay silent for a few seconds as you eyed her. You're feeling sorry for her.

"Dad was crying on the floor and I will never forget the words he said..."

"Your Mom... Died in an airplane crash." I couldn't believe it.. I keep telling myself that it was a joke.. That Dad was just making it up... But seeing her collapse on the floor crying and devasted.. I know it was real... My Mom died.. Not knowing how much I have grown..."