Chapter 40

.

.

.

.

Spring.

The season where it all starts fresh.

The flowers started to bloom beautifully as their aroma engulf the atmosphere with their heavenly scent that could make anyone smile just by getting a sniff out of it.

Of course, spring has a lot of meaning for everyone but if your a student, there is only one meaning to it.

A new semester to start.

New faces to see and new subject to tackle. This was gonna be another challenge for you but you were looking forward to it because now you have an inspiration.

It took you some time to realize but you know that Fame don't last long. Harshly, one way or another, Winter will soon get her fame dissappear but her legacy probably wouldn't.

Aespa was making it's name in the industry and you know for sure many more good things will happen for them.

A small chuckle escaped your mouth as you thought about it.

"Yow Y/n!"

You were suddenly wrapped in an loose headlock as you saw Zack smiling happily at you.

"Is this how thugs greet people?"

"Oh come on don't be like that. Hehehe~"

He let you go as you fixed and composed yourself up.

"Looks like we're gonna be classmates again."

"Really? That's good."

Zack nodded his head as both of you walked the halls of the university.

"Oh yeah by the way I need your help with something."

You sighted as the memory of the last favor you did for him lingeried in your mind.

Things could have ended badly that night if you weren't smart enough or quick enough to find Winter in the party.

Zack Lee was a good friend of yours and a trustworthy person too. But this time, you were gonna just agree.

"I'll help but this time. I need something in return."

You were firm with your answer as smugly looked at him as he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure, I can give you my cousin's number."

"What?"

That was not what you expected as your mind immediately interpreted an image of Winter ready to butcher you as she smiled sadistically at you.

That image send shivers down your spine as goosebumps appeared on your arms.

"Bro No! Just no."

"Eh? Why not? My cousin is really pretty and you deserve a girlfriend bro!"

He smiled happily at you.

Zack wanted you to relax for once and was glad to be your friend. But he also wished for your happiness as he decided to give you a girlfriend.

"That's the problem! I have a girlfriend Zack. Winter will kill me if she hears this!"

You cautiously looked around hoping to not see Winter in the crowd.

"I understand your intention but please, I don't need that right now. I'm focusing on finishing my studies first alright? I appreciate your effort but yeah I'm good."