Chapter 71

.

.

.

Giselle had to double check her hearing because the words that was laid out by her leader made her feel like she was in a different timeline. She knows the hardship it is to became an Idol and she herself knows that. Considering her circumstances, it was more harder for her but she also knows Karina too well. Karina has been through a lot just to be an idol and for her to just throw it out like that? It didn't sound right.

"Jimin. Your joking right?"

Giselle was in disbelief as she just stared at her leader who showed no sign of foolishness nor was she joking about her claim.

"Aeri, I'm not joking. This is too much for Y/N! He has done nothing wrong. Why would out the people make him the villian when all he did was love someone."

It does sound a little over the top if you think about this. It was understandable that you were put on a restraining order because of your relationship with Winter but to make the public eye make you detestable and an eye sore was the the boiling point for Karina. She would rather leave the industry if this is how the people with power control their idols. It wasn't healthy both for their physical well being and more importantly, their mental health.

Karina knows well how the mental health of Kpop Idols are mostly taken lightly and this lead to controversial suicide from them. But Idols aren't the only one who's taking their own life. Karina herself witnessed losing a friend because of suicide and she knows how much painful it is losing someone important when you didn't know you could have helped. It was one of Karina's biggest fear of losing someone important to her without her doing nothing to change that.

Like before, she was in the same situation but this time, she can do something to prevent this. Winter has had enough heart breaking moments in her life and her love for her as a friend and sister had grown to a point, she would sacrifice everything to protect her from the world. As she knows her special one is ready to take on the world just to protect her.

"Does loving someone a crime nowadays? Is it illegal to love someone? What's the point of making Y/N a public enemy if it will only destroy his trust to us? Aeri, Ning, I know I have always asked you to follow me but now, I'm giving you two a choice. To continue your life or help us. I'm not forcing you two because right now, It's your decision and your life moving forward."

Giselle could only look at Karina with full of admiration but there was also a hint of dissapointment from her. She understands that Winter's situation isn't easy and it's troubling but she wanna know, why can't she just choose the easiest path and let you go and give you up.

"Why Jimin. Why are you going this far for him? Your just his friend."

"Aeri, never again will I see someone's happiness get stolen from us"

"What do you...mean?"

Karina took a deep sigh as she recalled the Time when they were announced to debut. She all saw the expression they gave them. Some were genuinely happy while other were so devastated. She knows those who were devastated trained harder than her, sacrificed longer than her and dreamt of being an Idol. Every night, There wasn't a time where Karina would ask herself if she was worth being an Idol in the first place. This genuinely saddens her everytime she thought about her fellow trainees who was stuck of the thought of not debuting again. She still think to this day that there are other people who should have debuted in her position.

"When we debuted, haven't you realized that those who worked hard could have been living the life we have but they didn't. They were better than us yet were here because the management saw something in us. We are the ones who stole that small glimmer of hope from them. We stole their dream and happiness. And I, can't allow those be all just go to waste and see our group fail. I wanna show them, no, I wanna show the world that this group isn't just 4 people but a group of people who's dream are placed in Aespa."