Chapter 67

.

.

.

"Your what?!"

Luis, your co-worker and friend almost spat his drink on the floor of your workplace as his eyes widen. It's as if he seen a ghost first hand and that ghost was someone special to him. Everything went so fast that his mind couldn't process your words. It's like for Luis, Dictionaries didn't exist and your vocabulary didn't match up to his understanding.

"I'm quitting Luis. I finally found what I need to do."

That purpose that everyone solely wants to have, you finally found it and it was where the story started. The place where you first threaded the needle is the last place where you'll knot it down and close the book.

"Well I mean, who am I to stop you right? If that's what you want then go for it."

Luis was one of the few people that accepted you with open arms. You don't know what really happened on why the people didn't like you entering. Perhaps it's the norm of older people not accepting that their youth has passed them and it was time to pass the torch to the younger generation. Of course the workload maybe different from the rest but the pay is the same, at the end of the day you'll still be getting the same pay so it was quite confusing when they didn't give a slight, guidance to you.

Allowing yourself to be alone all the time and the feeling of regret during those time became your invisible shield against the world. Built Luis somehow got through that and it made life at work more bearable at most.

"Yeah, Say Luis."

"What?"

"Thanks man, you know for everything you have done for me."

The sincerity on your can be heard as Luis could only turn away with a slight red color on his cheeks. He doesn't really wanna show his embarrassed state especially to a friend like you as he wasn't used to people thanking him.

"Heh, it's nothing...Just make sure you come back happy alright?"

You smiled and nodded your head at him. You tapped his shoulder and walked away as you looked around your workplace. It wasn't your typical place where you would enjoy work but was there ever a place where work sounded like heaven? Especially for people like you who couldn't even finish college? Of course not, you have to live with what you have and push through it. Life has always been unfair with people. But for now, you have one last hope to re-connect the thread you weaved called love, back to where your heart beats.

Back to Kim Minjeong.

With a sigh, you walked out of the place and look at the building one last time. A feeling of bittersweet twirled around your body embracing you of the memories you had at the place. You found it amusing how such a small place of work would make you so attached to it. It wasn't a big place, nor was it knowm commercially yet it felt like you were saying your goodbye's to a place that helped you build yourself somehow.

"Thanks for everything..."

You said in a soft voice as your feet walked away heading back to your home, wanting to prepare all your clothes as your goal was set. Winter was ready on her behalf to sacrifice her dream and everything she has to proclaim her love to the world. It was big taboo in the Kpop industry to have a relationship outside from the fans as companies take advantage of the parasocial relationship they have to the fans. A mere puppet they say to the idols in order to achieve greater heights of gold in life. Playing with someones emotion is fatal so if Companies hear or even get a sniff of an outside relationship regarding their "product" aka idols or actors/actresses, it could deal a large damage to thier success.