Chapter 55

.

.

.

.

TICK

.

.

TOCK

.

.

TICK

.

.

TOCK

.

.

The sound of the clock filled the ears of Karina as she was holding both her hands tightly. She has been waiting all day in the operating room barely finishing her meal that Giselle gave her.

There was no tatse in her food as sadness and pulled her postive emotions out of her body.

"Why... Why does this have to happen. Why... Why?!"

Tears of frustration fell onto the floor as all she can do was wait. But every second of waiting while hearing no word from the doctors was making her on edge.

When things were starting to look good, everything started to crumble once again.

It's like life hated Karina for a reason. She could never get a proper breather from all the problems life threw at her.

Yet she was a fighter.

She wasn't gonna fall down that weakly. For all her life, she has been challenged by life throwing all kinds of problem at her yet she managed to keep standing up.

Resilience and her will to resolve things is what kindles the fire in her to continue standing up and moving on.

But right now, that fire was extinguished.

This was a different kind of problem. Something that she has never encountered before.

The feeling of someone you love dearly.

It was still fresh on her mind. The blood that was Yun-chun's stained her hand. The smile he had over Karina. He wanted her not to worry yet it had the opposite effect on her.

This only made Karina worry even further as she was afraid of losing him right in her eyes.

She covered her eyes trying to hide her pain she was feeling inside. She felt all alone nothing to look forward too.

.

.

.

.

.

"Unnie!"

"Jimin!"

"Unnie! Are you okay?!"

3 particular voices. All too familiar with her. She looked up from her blurry vision as she wiped her eyes and there she saw something coming at her fast.

But rather than a something, it's someone.

"Unnie! It's okay... It's okay.."

Winter hugged her leader tightly and Karina immediately felt the warmth in her hug.

She felt like sunshine in her cold body. Everything just suddenly felt warm as Winter gently stroke her leaders hair hoping to calm her down.

"Min, what are you-"

"Unnie, you have been carrying so many burdens by yourself all this time. Please don't carry it all to yourself. Were always here for you Unnie."

"Min..."