Chapter 72

.

.

.

You felt guilty and worried as you observed the scenery, the city buildings passing by, and the people flashing in and out of the picture like lightning. How did your love for one person lead you down this path? All you've ever asked the universe for is love, a means to warm your heart and feel alive, yet the cosmos has given you the middle finger.

What went wrong in your narrative? Everything was going so well, the ambiance, the people, the venues where your love kindled were all there for you to enjoy, but in the blink of an eye, your fantasy dream land evaporated into thin air like pixie dust. Was it even worth it at this point to fall in love? All of the hurdles in your path irritate and frustrate you, as if you have been through enough to deal with this. The cycle continued, and it was taking its toll on you.

With a deep breath, you leaned back in your seat, which was spotted by a girl whose curiosity had piqued her attention. Finding you wasn't even on their to-do list that day, but Jiheon did it all by herself.

Jiheon's unexpected request startled all eight inhabitants of the lowly Fromis_9 Dorm. Everyone was simply chilling out and going about their business, with some watching TV with the sound turned up because their favorite drama was on. The smell of cooking food wafted from the kitchen, which was visible from all of the girls' rooms. Finally, there were those who were doing nothing but lying in bed, enjoying their vacation.

Jiheon knocked on their dorm door like a storm, as if a threat was in the neighborhood, and Saerom had to immediately answer the door since it is her responsibility as the leader to protect her kids, daughters, and sister from potential threats. She may not appear to be the strict leaders that people are accustomed to because of her sweetness, but don't let that fool you. She's a silent murderer, a ticking bomb ready to blow once her time was up, and all 8 members were well aware of this. So, with everyone gathered behind her, she reached through the door and unlocked it.

Jiheon appeared in front of their hostel, recovering her breath as if she had just run a marathon. But their satisfaction was short-lived because they are well aware that Jiheon dislikes exercise and that running is her deadliest enemy. If you think her greatest worry is studying late at night and not getting enough sleep? Guess again because fitness and her name don't go together.

"Eh Jiheon? Why are you-"

"Please Help me!"

Something inside them shifted as they heard Jiheon's distress on his voice. Perhaps it reminded them of the agonizing scenario in which they watched Jiheon crying alone after the members were announced. They thought they owed it to her to be there for her. They wanted to embrace her, hug her, and accept her for who she is because the Jiheon they encountered on that survival show was a beautiful ball of sunshine. Someone you want to protect, but the media and others held them back because they didn't want to jeopardize their future.

But was it right to leave someone behind in order to get what you want?

Can it just be a place where you can lift yourself up and instead of leaving soemone, lift them up as well in order to succeed together.

Was society that cruel now?

That scar remained in their heart and there wasn't any night that they would feel like they wanted Jiheon to be with them. They though that at the end of their careers, that scar will remain with them throughout ther entire span of living.

But that changed...

"Why? what's the probelm Jiheon?"

Gyuri asked. Everyone was starting to worry and was at the edge of what really was happening with her. Jiheon took a deep breath before looking at all of them.