Chapter 65

.

.

.

.

"Come on, let's meet your parents."

"W-Wait, I'm not mentally prepared yet."

Winter was dragging your arm to your home as her eyes were beaming with excitement especially after you told her that your parents are at home. It wasn't even at the back of your mind that you'll introduce Winter to your family yet, your girlfriend was the who's more excited and less anxious than you. It should have been the opposite for you since your introducing a potential addition to your family yet it was completely opposite.

Winter didn't want to say goodbye to you just yet, even though the date was supposed to conclude at the restaurant. She was holding you back from leaving because she missed you so much. Even though you also didn't want to leave her, you still have to go to work the next morning and you want to continue your streak of never being absent or late for work. However, when you told Winter that the date ended there, you could feel the grief and pain in her eyes. She has been patient with you and has waited for you for such a long time-do you dare just leave her in that state?

Hell no!

So without thinking, your mouth processed the words faster than your brain as you told her to meet your parents. It was a little too late to take back what you said because the moment you said those words, her eyes sparkled and since then, it never disappeared. Despite not knowing where your house is, she was taking the lead dragging your arm out. You could only chuckle seeing her burning passion once again but something caught your eye as you stopped on your track. Winter realized that you didn't move as she looked back and there she saw you staring at a swing set with a smile.

This got her curious as she stood beside you observing the swing set. Holding your hand, she walked towards the swing and sat on one as Winter giggled.

"It's been a while since I last played on a swing set."

You chuckled and sat on the other swing as you looked up to observe the stars that was glittering in the dark sky. You couldn't believe what has happened for the past few hours. Everything went from going dark to nothingness to suddenly switching the switch upside down. With one faithful ticket, your life began to turn around for the better.

"You know, this day has been crazy great for me"

"Is it because I'm back?"

"Yeah. It's funny how my day changed when I saw you again, and hugged you again. To have you in my arms, I feel happy. Truly happy."

You smiled at her as Winter could see the genuine happiness your eyes show. She might not know how much pain you went through when you left her but she was sure that whatever pain she had, it was doubled for you. Winter knew that you weren't a megastar or someone from society where everyone could look up to or get acknowledge but to her, you were a person that should be admired and followed by many guys. You may not have the best built, best height, best hair, best humor, but all the simple things you do just makes Winter's heart beat go crazy. And when you told her that she's a reason for your happiness? She wanted to cry there.

Happiness is something everyone wanted to have but only a few can truly achieve that. Winter smiled and got up from her swing as she stood behind you and gave you a back hug. Her warmth radiated towards you as you let Winter engulf your body.

"I am happy now Y/n. Whenever I'm with you, I'm happy. Whenever I see you, I'm happy. Whenever I make you smile, I'm happy. Whenever I hug you, I'm happy. And whenever you show me how much you love me, I'm happy. Remember what you said before?"