Chapter 21

.

.

.

.

"Boss you alright?"

You asked with worry in your voice as he kneeled on the floor. You helped him stand up as he put a hand on his back.

"Aigoo, I didn't expect the boxes to be that heavy."

You sighted and said

"Sir you should have told me. I could have carried them all."

Your boss shook his head at you.

"I can't bring myself to disturb you if your studying. I know how hard college is because I have been there before. Don't worry about me."

He smiled to assure you but you didn't buy it. You know that with his age, he shouldn't be carrying heavy objects.

Lately you have been carrying your reading materials at the store to study when you have free time. Your boss was delighted to see you studying hard and even helped you when you couldn't understand the subject.

When he smiled at you and said those words you felt moved and at the same time a burden.

"Sir, should we hire another part timer?"

He quickly shook his head and said

"No can do."

"Then should I change my schedule sir?"

"Don't think about kid. I'm fine as it is."

He tried to straightened his back but failed as he groaned and grabbed his back. He sighted as you grabbed the boxes he was carrying and carried them to the storage room.

"No wonder his back got hurt. This are heavy! What are in this boxes? rocks?"

You gently placed them on the shelves of the storage room as you stretched your back. You left the storage room as your boss called you.

"Y/n"

"Yes sir."

"Do you think.... I should hire a part-timer?"

He looked out the windows as if he was remembering something sentimental. You held your laugh not wanting to get fired.

"Hold it in... Inner peacer.. Inner peace.."

"Well sir if you think one helper is not enough then we probably should get another one. Well that's just my opinion anyway."

He sighted and checked something on his wallet. Whenever he sights or alone you would notice he would always stare at something on his wallet. You were sometimes curious what he was staring at.

"I wonder would my wife love it..."

"What sir?"

He just chuckled and looked at you.

"Have I ever told you how I got this store?"

"Uhhh no sir?"

"Take a seat and I'll tell you."

You wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to know more about your boss. Besides, this might sound a little wicked but you were hoping that he would say something that could make him give you a raise.

"Is that too evil? Yeah thats too much."

Your soft hearted heart couldn't do that to the man that has given you a job. He was one of the few people you look up to. You respected him.