Chapter 68

.

.

.

.

"argh Work is tough now... It doesn't help that my homeworks are adding up too."

Jeong said with annoyance. Her table was filled of folder and paper left and right, ranging from her job to her studies. Training as a future CEO isn't so easy as she thought it would be. Despite being they daughter of the current CEO, nepotism can't save her even if she wanted too. Her father wanted het to learn it the hard way and Jeong doesn't mind that at all. She knows the importance of hardwork especially if she wants to earn her place in the corporation.

It also doesn't help that her so called worst enemy Mr.Lim is getting support from the company as she was slowly kindling away into the background. Her goals to set things right in the industry is slowly fading as she was losing hope and strength from the inside. Despite having the will to do so, she gotta factor in realistic scenarios for her situation.

Every minute that passes by, she felt anxious knowing one move from Lim will completely erase her from the race. She sighed and got up from her desk, turning her head to face the ceiling. Her thoughts were once more fogged, and the clock was loudly ticking. She would frequently stop what she was doing and sit there for an extended period of time without moving.

Nothing in perticular comes to her mind.

Nothing processed on her mind.

And nothing is on her mind.

It's that feeling she hated where nothing flows on her mind. It's like something is blocking her flow of thoughts and nothing can unclogged it unless she sleeps or relaxes. But nothing has ever cleared that situation and right now, she's stuck there again.

"Might as well drink coffee"

She sighed and stood up from her chair. Her body felt so lazy as everything went so heavy behind her back. Every step she took made it felt like she was walking in a never ending hallway with no signs of the exit. Time passes so slow but at the same time ir felt so fast for her. Her mind was playing tricks on her because nothing is working inside her mind and her emotions was a mess.

"How long is my room-"

KNOCK

KNOCK

KNOCK

KNOCK

A knock at this late in the hour. A typical individual would have panicked out if someone had knocked on their home late at night. A human being's mind could conjure up undesirable situations when they are aware that knocking late at night is dangerous. Although Jeong doesn't believe in ghosts, there was a chance that there were some paranormal phenomena going on.

"I would rather let the Ghost take over than me having to Deal with all of this.."

Those principle was from Jeong herself. She was a brave girl and losing Soobin was more scarier for her than getting invaded by a ghost. But Jeong didn't care less right now. Her mind was clouded with no thoughts whatsoever as she walked towards her door, funnily enough,her door was shorter than her walk towards her kitchen. With a firm grasp on the doorknob, she twisted not caring who was on the other side.

"Don't you know it's night time you basta-"

"H-Hi? Jeong.. You good?"

Like an alarm her mind immediately woke up as everything suddenly started working. Her senses told her that soemone familiar was infront of her as Her eyes widen like the moon.