Chapter 31

.

.

.

.

.

"Are we there yet?"

Jiheon asked for the hundred time.

You chuckled seeing how excited she looked. If you were to compare her smile, it was familiar to a kid getting candy on a Halloween night.

"We're close."

That phrase has been the only reply Jeong could say for the past 20 minutes.

You didn't lie when Jiheon had the same burning passion in her eyes when it comes to Aespa. She really did finish her task for this week and even the ones due nextweek.

It did concern you if Jiheon was pushing herself too much but she looked perfectly fine and even looked like the best shape of herself.

She was all smile when you and Jeong picked her up at her home. She was a bit hesitant on wearing the covers in her eyes but you assured her that Winter wanted to surprise you.

She agreed to put it on as you all drove to the HYBE building. Fromis was a bit nervous as well.

They know Jiheon, but with that much time passed and less communication with her, it only made them more anxious as negative thoughts run amok in their minds.

"What if Jiheon... Gets angry at us? What if she doesn't really want to see us?"

Nagyung asked. She couldn't hold it anymore as she spoke what was worrying her.

Though her words only placed more negative thoughts in their minds as their anxiety increases.

"She won't Nagyung."

Searom spoke.

As the leader, she has to break their nervousness down.

They were all in the edge and saying negative things isn't gonna help them at all.

"Jiheon isn't a person who would do that. She's the kindest and lovable person we could have asked for."

"But what if she changed? We didn't even talked to her or reached out to her."

Jiwon was the one who refuted as Saerom let out a sigh.

It's not that they couldn't call her. It was more like they were restricted too.

Being famous has it's ups and down.

Some are good while others are just ridiculous but if you look at it in a bigger picture, It makes sense why companies do such length for their artists.

When your at the top, You can't easily trust anybody because there is always a chance they will drag you down.

Companies know this and that's why they take their artists security seriously.

"Jiwon. You know even if we wanted too call hee, our company will know of our actions and we'll be in big trouble. As much as we want to, we really can't."

This time, Hayoung came in to side with her leader. Saerom gave her a small smile as Hayoung smiled back.

"But if-"

"Eh? This way? Are you sure were even walking at the building anymore?"

Their ears perked up.

A familiar voice they have not heard for a while.

The door squeaked open as you emerged and showed your smile at the group.