Just Friends

|Vaughn's POV|

After my birthday, my dad made good on his word and I started my wrestling training, full-time. Well, as full-time as I could be considering I still had school. I split my time between Florida and back home in Connecticut. I stayed with Uncle Shawn and Aunt Rebecca. My dad came down for a few days per week. I'd see my mom primarily on the weekends. They said whenever I needed a break to just say the word.

I won't lie, just a couple months in and it's hard juggling both. My body is going through it. My dad chose Claudio, better known in the WWE universe as Cesaro to be my trainer. I also have sessions with Nattie. They both kick my ass in the ring.

Asher and I talk every single day. He's going to be coming to Florida soon for an indie show and invited me to come watch. I have yet to talk to my parents about that. Asher is the best person when it comes to this wrestling journey as he's going through the ropes himself.

On my way to train this morning, I was checking my social media when I saw Asher was tagged in a picture with this girl. They looked real cozy. She was all over him. Seeing him with someone else, I won't lie and say it didn't sting. We're best friends and tell each other everything. Why did I have to find out on social media that he had a girlfriend.

I tried to shake it off as I trained, but Claudio could tell I was off today.

"Levesque, take a break."

"I can keep..."

He held up his hand.

"Take a break."

I sighed, climbing out of the ring. I grabbed my towel and water, taking a seat on the floor. He came and sat next to me.

"What's going on?" he quizzed.

"Nothing..."

I could feel him glaring at me.

"I don't want to waste your time," I stated.

"Look at me, Vaughn."

I turned my attention to him and I could see the concern on his face.

"Unless you're right up here, you can't be right in there. It's a recipe for disaster," he said, motioning from his head to the ring.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

"It's okay. So, tell me, what has you off today?"

"It's stupid, really."

"Doesn't matter. I'm all ears."

I don't have anyone else to talk to about it at the moment, so, might as well vent and get it out my system.

"My best friend, Asher, he has a girlfriend."

"What's wrong with that?"

"He didn't tell me. We talk to each other basically every day and not once did he mention it. I had to find out on social media."

"How old is Asher?"

"He'll be 19 soon."

"Is it realistic to think your 19 year old best friend wouldn't have a girlfriend at his age?"

"I don't care that he has one, I just..."

"So you like him," he said.

"He's my best friend, so obviously."

"Let me rephrase that. You like him as more than a friend."

"Wait, what? No. Not at all. We're really just friends."

"Then why does he have you off your game right now?"

"I just don't understand why he didn't say anything. He could've just told me. That's all."