Line of Fire

|Bash's POV|

As I got off the phone with Ro, I heard my dad yelling my name. Heading back to the kitchen, I saw Leo was wiping away tears, trying not to cry. Yeah, my dad tagged his ass. It was only a matter of time before it happened, to be honest. When I was doing my bullshit and my mom told him about it, I got my ass kicked. The worst part was the lecture after of how horrible I behaved and how I was an embarrassment to him and my mother.

I looked at Leo who was still frozen in the same spot. My dad looked at me then back at him.

"He won't talk to us so maybe he'll talk with you here. He better fess up or it's going to be an uncomfortable flight back to New Jersey for him. Whatever you got yourself into, just know, it stays here. You're not going to interrupt Sebastian and Aurora's lives with your bullshit."

"I'm not!"

My dad took a step forward towards him before stopping himself. He motioned for my mother to follow him and they took off upstairs. I knew my mom was going back to packing, but my dad was going to thoroughly search his shit. He had done that to me far too many times. Not to say I didn't deserve it. I was wild as a teenager. My dad just didn't give a fuck and would knock over all my shit searching for whatever and leave me to clean it up.

"What's up with you?" I asked, looking at Leo.

He shrugged.

"Nah, don't give me that, Leo. You plan on moving in with me and Ro having that shit?"

"You tell Ro what happened?"

"Of course I told her. For one, she's my partner. We don't keep things from each other. Second, this is pretty big deal. I have my suspicions about what's going on, but I didn't go into full detail with her because you need to clarify some things."

"I'm not gonna smoke in your house, Bash," he commented.

"If mom could easily find your stash, that means anyone else could. I have kids and yes they're babies, but they won't be forever. What would you do if the twins came across that? Or your edibles? What about your pen?"

He looked at me shocked.

"How'd you..."

"Just because I'm not physically here doesn't mean I don't know what you're out here doing. I called around, you totaled mom's car drag racing. She and dad know that?"

He shook his head.

"The wad of cash?"

"I saved it," he mumbled.

"Still lying I see. You have 3 baggies of weed so the cash is either coming from you selling it or you're getting paid for those races. Which is it?"

"Bash..."

"You got 3 seconds or I'm fucking you up and telling mom and dad. I already know dad punched you. Just think how worst it'll get by you being a dummy and not owning up to your shit."

"You're supposed to be on my side!"

Here he goes.

"3...."

"Come on, Bash. I'm leaving all this behind in Florida. I promise!"

"2..."

"Okay, okay! I sold some weed to friends at school, but nothing major. Majority of the money came from racing. I swear, I'm done."

"Is that why you want to move? You caught up in some shit? You owe anyone?"

"I did owe someone, but I paid it off."