Snap Back

|Rory's POV|

It's the weekend of Leo's kickback and it's all he's been talking about. Bash is grilling and spending time with them to get to know his friends. Leo wants me to pop in and out as well. He said having his big brother and big sister is better than his parents hovering. Speaking of his parents, they're in town for the weekend. Bash tried to get them to rearrange their trip, but they have plans on New York. Of course they want to check in on Leo and meet the twins as well.

Bash was at work when they arrived and Leo was at school. His mother, Ms. Lillian had called ahead of time asking if it was alright they come over. I didn't mind at all. They've been here for about an hour and his mother offered to cook.

"It's okay, Ms. Lillian, we could always just order."

"If you don't mind, I'd love to cook for everyone."

"Well, alright. The ridge is fully stocked. I try to keep it stocked with Leo's appetite."

We all laughed.

"Bash ate everything when he was that age as well. I guess some things don't change," Mr. Calvin chimed in.

"I can help..."

"Please, rest. I got it."

I nodded and she went to the kitchen leaving me with Mr. Calvin.

"My grandchildren are beautiful," he commented, breaking the silence.

I smiled.

"Thank you. I think Wyatt looks a lot like me and Madison looks like Bash."

He nodded.

"Madison has Bash's birthmark. It's right behind his left ear. It got smaller as he got older, but it was evident when he was younger. Wyatt has his eyes. They're really the perfect blend of both of you."

I watched as he held both of them in his arms, talking to both of them.

"Aurora, I owe you an apology."

"Mr. Calvin..."

"Please. I know I've apologized over the phone, but you deserve one face to face. The last time I saw you, I was rude and disrespectful to you. I shouldn't have been. Seeing how you are with Bash and how you've welcomed Leo with open arms, it speaks to not only your upbringing, but who you are as a person. Thank you for loving my boys."

"We're a family now. Sometimes families fight, but I feel everything is repairable tk some extent. As long as everyone is willing to out in the work and take accountability, you can move forward. Life is too short for grudges amongst family."

He smiled at me.

"I couldn't agree more."

The twins started to get fussy and I knew it was time for changing and feeding. Mr. Calvin helped me and then it was time for their afternoon nap. Closing the door, I went in the kitchen to see Ms Lillian was making a feast.

"This kitchen is absolutely stunning, Aurora."

"This is one of the rooms I designed."

She beamed with pride.

"I love how spacious it is."

"That was the goal. I wanted the kitchen to be like the one I had at home and the one at thee apartment. Bash brought my vision to life."

The front door beeped.

"That would be Leo," I commented.

Like clockwork, I heard his book bag hit the floor and he made his way to the kitchen. He stopped short seeing his parents, but smiled.