Crossing the Line

|Vaughn's POV|

When I invited Asher over, I wasn't expecting to be caught by Zach or Bash. See, with Murphy, I knew she'd understand. My older brother and eventual brother-in-law, yeah, not so much. I knew they were going to tell my parents. It was only a matter of time when. They wasted no time in doing so and took me back to Jersey with them. Lucky Murphy got to stay in her nice apartment. Imagine my parents surprise to see me.

Bash and Zach carried in boxes they brought back. Kylie, Rory, and my parents were in the living room.

"Hey, wasn't expecting to see you until tomorrow," Rory commented.

"Yea, me either," I mumbled, taking a seat.

Bash and Zach came in moments later.

"Babe, the rest of the stuff is here. We can unpack whenever you're ready," Bash said.

Rory nodded and looked between the guys and me.

"Alright, what's going on?" she asked.

"That's the same thing I want to know. You three, with me," dad said, standing up, going to the kitchen.

I though that Bash and Zach would put up a fight. Who was dad to be bossing them around? They're grown men. I sat there, not moving. My mom turned her attention to me.

"Vaughn, are you okay?"

"Yeah, mom."

"Your legs feeling alright?"

I looked at her confused.

"Yes, mom, I'm fine."

"Good. So, get your ass up and go talk to your father."

"Mom..."

She gave me a look that I knew meant I better move.

"She what?!"

That was my dad's voice followed by him yelling my full name. Yup, they told him. I jumped up, going into the kitchen. I noticed my dad's eyes were cold. He's angry.

"Hi, daddy," I said softly.

He took a deep breath.

"Bash, Zach, you two can leave. Send Stephanie in here please."

Zach looked between us.

"Dad, you okay?"

"I'm fine, son. Just do what I asked, please."

They didn't protest and left the kitchen. I was standing on one end of the island as my father stood on the opposite side. Space, yes space was what we needed between us. My mother appeared and went to my dad.

"Paul, what's going on?"

"She was at the apartment with Asher while Murphy went to lunch with Ethan. Bash and Zach, as you know, went over to get the rest of the boxes. Murphy got back at the same time. They went in and found Vaughn in the living room, half naked, with Asher. That's the story I was just told. Did I miss anything, Vaughn?"

They both turned their attention to me. I quickly shook my head. I had no words.

"All you keep doing is lying and sneaking behind our backs. I know Asher is in New York, but that doesn't give you a pass to just jump up and see him without getting permission from your mother or me. You had to do what you wanted to though, right?"

I didn't say anything which just angered him even more. He slammed his hand on the kitchen island.

"Answer me!"

"Dad..."

"No, no baby talk. No whining. You're 16 going on 17 years old with no regards or respect for the rules your mother and I give you. You know that you would never be allowed to be home alone with a boy, would you?"