Train Wreck

|Jamie's POV|

I woke up in a panic, sweating. The nightmares are starting again. The first time I had them was when my parents were fighting. The next was after they died. Now my cousin reappearing out of nowhere... I hate this. This is a cycle I can do without.

"Baby, I'm here. I'm right here."

Coming out of my thoughts, I felt Brandon's arms around me. He was wiping my face, letting me know I had been crying.

"They're going to take Bianca," I whispered.

"What? No, baby. No one is taking Bianca. I promise you that."

He held me closer and I sobbed. As my breathing steadied, he stood up.

"Come on."

"Where are we going?"

He didn't say anything as he took my hand and led me out of the room. We opened Bianca's door and there she was peacefully sleeping. We then went back to our bedroom and onto the balcony. The sun was starting to rise.

"See this, this is what we have to look forward to. No one is going to take that away from you. I'm here. Bianca is here. Your family can't hurt you anymore babe. Not this time."

"You can't promise that."

"Yes, I can. They don't know who I am and you already know how I am about you. In our vows I told you I'd fight for you, always. I meant that. You're my best friend, my wife, the mother of my child, and the the love of my life. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you."

"I'm still scared," I whispered.

"I know you are and I wish I could erase your painful memories. Just know, I'm here. Our family is here. It's not the same as it was before."

I was able to block them off thanks to Uncle Paul and Aunt Steph. Why now? Why after all these years?

"What was your nightmare about?" he asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"They took Bianca to get back at me."

"Yeah, they don't want that problem."

I knew what he meant by that. Brandon would fuck shit up over his baby girl.

"How about a shower and back to bed? I'm sure it'll help you relax," he stated,

"I can't sleep."

"Well we can lay down and talk if you want."

"Babe, you have to..."

"The only thing I have to do is be with you in this moment. Don't worry about anything else. So, shower or bath?"

"I'll take a shower."

He kissed my cheek and helped me up. As I headed to the bathroom, he stayed back, I'm sure to change the sheets that were drenched in my sweat. As I was about to step out the shower, he reappeared.

"Here, I tossed your towel and robe in the dryer."

I smiled.

"Thanks, babe."

After I dried off, I climbed in bed and back into the safety of his arms. He rubbed my back and I soon fell back asleep. I woke up again to an empty bed, but felt the presence of someone else in the room. I checked the time to see it was almost noon. What the hell? I shot up in the bed. Where was Brandon? Where was Bianca?

"Hey sweetheart?"

"Aunt Steph?"

She moved and sat on the foot of bed. I sighed in relief, so happy to see her. I felt myself getting emotional all over again. I moved closer to her and she wrapped me in a hug. I felt like a little kid all over again. Izzy and I used to snuggle with Aunt Steph when she was pregnant with Aurora. Each of us would be on either side of her, talking to her belly.