Never Easy

|Izzy's POV|

"How was the talk with with Logan's teacher," Mama Kels questioned.

I sighed.

"Academically he's above his class, but behaviorally, we're having some issues."

She frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"That's what we're trying to pinpoint and figure out. Today he had an outburst and he got aggressive, throwing things at his teacher and guidance counselor and using profanity. She gave us a whole list."

"Logan is cursing?" she asked.

I nodded.

"She said he curses with his friends, but now I need to go back and see what he's watching on his iPad. I give him his headphones, he knows he has 30 minutes, but I leave him be. I feel like I'm part of the problem."

"Why would you say that?"

"When I was his age, my younger sister Aurora was born. I acted and lashed out because I wanted attention. My parents and uncles spent time with me, but things weren't the same. I can empathize with Logan if he feels there's a change now that he not only has to share time with his sister, but with Bianca as well. I know he has cousins, but they're not here all the time. I just... Maybe if I spent more time..."

I was trying to find the words.

"Don't do that to yourself, Isabella. You and Tyler make just as much time for Logan as you do with Olivia. Juggling two kids can be difficult. I would know since I have four. My point is, I know it's hard to think of what you could've done differently, but now that you know, you can now find a solution."

"But Mama Kels, shouldn't I have seen the signs if something was wrong? He has been giving us more of an attitude. I thought things were straightened out after the bullying incident, but now we have this."

She nodded.

"The two of you just need to sit down and talk to Logan and see what triggered him today for him to react the way he did. It could have been something small. Has he had more of an attitude lately? Yes, I've noticed that. Then again, Logan has been a daredevil since birth, and I think he likes to see how far he can push limits before he gets in trouble. I wouldn't stress yourself over it, sweetie. You guys will work through this. You and Tyler are doing great job in raising Logan."

"That's what his teacher said," I mumbled.

"See! So while his report wasn't stars across the board, there were some positives there."

I heard footsteps and Tyler appeared. He got on the floor with Livy.

"Daddy said he'd be back, baby girl."

Livy wasted no time, crawling over to her father, climbing on his chest as he laid on his back. I quickly snapped a pic. She was truly a daddy's girl.

"Sorry if I interrupted your girl talk," he said.

His mother waved him off.

"We were just talking about Logan."

He nodded.

"Everything will be fine once we talk to him. I'm not happy with his behavior either, but if there's an issue, we're here to help him though it."

"I know, Ty. I just..."

I heard more footsteps. Logan appeared. Tyler slowly sat up and got up to hand Livy to his mom.

"I'm ready to talk now mommy and daddy."