About Damn Time

|Vaughn's POV|

I was sitting with Rory and Kylie when Asher came over asking to speak to me alone for a few minutes after talking to my dad. Rory gave me a nudge as I excused myself. Once we got inside, Asher's smile faded.

"What's wrong? Did my dad say something?"

"Who the hell is Parker?"

My face dropped. What the hell? Why would he... Great. Now to explain this all over again.

"Asher..."

"I know, I'm not your boyfriend. Who am I to be questioning you about anyone else you're talking to. Still, I've always been upfront with you."

"It's not what you think."

"Okay, so I'll ask again. Who the hell is Parker?"

"Long story short, he's a kid I've gone to school with since elementary. He's always had a crush on me. I've turned him down, I'm not interested. He's a jock now and doesn't take no for an answer. He's seen us on social media and he started talking shit. Most recently he started a rumor saying that he and I hooked up and that's why I left the school."

Asher's anger wasn't one I really saw. He was a beast in the ring. Outside of that, he was a really calm person. Seeing him upset right now. I wasn't expecting that.

"Ash..."

"You confront him?"

"No. I don't care. I just have screenshots in case this escalates, but I am not checking for Parker.

He nodded not saying anything.

"So, we good?"

"We'll always be good, V. If he comes out of pocket, let me know. I'll handle it."

"Wait, how did you even find out about Parker?"

I had told Murphy and Rory, but I doubt they said anything to him.

"He leaves comments and shit under your posts. Lately his comments have been a little rude. You posted a picture of us and tagged me. He sent me a DM talking shit. He told me I was a joke. I told him to drop his location to see just how much of a joke I really am."

"Asher..."

"I care about you, V. I'm not going to let anyone disrespect you. I'll knock his ass out."

"I appreciate that, but you know I can handle myself. I don't need you running to my defense."

He shook his head.

"I know you can handle yourself, but I got your back no matter what. I can't turn off how I feel about you, Vaughn. Knowing someone is messing with you and saying shit like that about you, pisses me off. What kind of man would I be to sit back and allow that?"

"I understand and if the roles were reversed, I'd feel the same way."

"I just..."

"You what?"

"We can talk about it another time. If Parker comes at you again, tell me," he mumbled.

"No, we can talk about it now. It's just the two of us. No one butting in our conversation. So, just tell me."

"As much as I want to, I don't know what your reaction would be."

When he said that my heart dropped.

"W-what? Are you talking to a girl or something?"

"No, I'm not. Only girl I talk to daily is you. The only person I would want to be with is you. I love you, Vaughn!"