Here Comes The Pain

|Paul's POV|

My brothers were heading down to Florida for the weekend to check in on Vaughn. They had been seeing videos, but wanted to see in person for themselves. Kev was going down Friday. My plan was to get into town Saturday morning. Mark and Scott would be there Saturday afternoon. Vaughn had not grown accustomed to the random pop ups. Before we'd tell her, but hey, what's the fun in that?

Steph was going to Jersey for the weekend to see Rory and the kids. As our family has expanded, we quickly realized that we'd have to split our time to cover all bases with the kids. Sometimes Steph was in one state and I was in another. We were used to that type of system being on the road for years so it wasn't that hard adjusting. We just wanted to still be present for our 6 in any way we could. Lots of traveling, but well worth it.

We had just got back home from a late dinner when I got a call from Shawn.

Hello.

Hey Paul. Sorry to interrupt your date night with Steph.

It's fine, we just got home. What's going on?

I gave Vaughn permission to go bowling with some of the rooks tonight. Her curfew is 11pm. I told her I'd pick her up at 10:30. I even gave her a little wiggle room pulling in at 10:45. Called, no answer. Kev and I went in, ran into the group, Vaughn was nowhere to be found. Tried checking her location. I'm sure she turned it off and her phone is on DND.

So, you don't know where she is? Let me give Asher a call.

Asher was there bowling with them. He doesn't know where she is. Tried calling and texting as I was standing there. Nothing.

I sighed. Do I think my daughter was in any danger? Honestly, no. Do I think she was somewhere she had no business being? Absolutely.

I'll let Steph know and I'll get a flight out tonight.

If something happens...

Shawn, Vaughn is off somewhere she has no business. I know both Zach and Bash have friends in the area. Let me try and give one of them a call and put the word out.

Alright. Kev is going to head back to the house while I search around.

Okay. I'll see you soon.

As the call ended, I looked over at Steph.

"What happened with Vaughn?" she quizzed.

"Shawn gave her permission to go bowling with the NXT rooks and she took that as an opportunity to go AWOL."

"What?"

"Shawn has no idea where she is. Her phone is on DND. Her location is off. Asher can't even reach her. I'm getting a flight out tonight."

"In this case, she's lucky it you and not me catching that flight," she mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"Vaughn mentioned to me reconnecting with some friends she met doing those damn hardcore matches. Similar fashion to how she met Asher. They were going to be in Florida and she said something about them meeting up, but she'd get back to us with details. Clearly, she went and did what she wanted. I'm all for her having independence and we don't need to know every little micro thing she does. This! This running off bullshit, whatever is coming to her, she deserves it."

"She did this on Shawn's watch so the punishment is fully up to him," I stated.

"I completely agree. I've told her countless times that Shawn didn't have to let her stay with him. He could've told us no. That's not who Shawn is though. He saw what she wanted and knew he could help and offered her moving with him. We can pop in all we want, but she's with Shawn and she crossed a line with him tonight. I know he's panicked thinking something happened to her."